• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's not the popular forum view, but I think he'll do well. Surprised 'the people's club' have gone for someone with his politics though, but as we know fans will tolerate anything if the product on the pitch is decent

I know it's not the popular forum view, but I think he'll do well. Surprised 'the people's club' have gone for someone with his politics though, but as we know fans will tolerate anything if the product on the pitch is decent
Cue some last minute business in the window in and out.?

Not sure they can afford ins without the outs
We said the same about villa but they managed it even after spending the Grealish lolly. Two out three in with a couple of Chelsea loanees is Lampards model 😂😂

We said the same about villa but they managed it even after spending the Grealish lolly. Two out three in with a couple of Chelsea loanees is Lampards model 😂😂
Unless you’re referring to you and your Mrs, Cyber, nobody else was saying that Villa needed to ship players out. It was pointed out to you that they still had approx £75m of FFP profit from the sale of Grealish even after their summer spending.

Snorter
Unless you’re referring to you and your Mrs, Cyber, nobody else was saying that Villa needed to ship players out. It was pointed out to you that they still had approx £75m of FFP profit from the sale of Grealish even after their summer spending
Mrs runny nose must be your mathematician
Bailey
Buendia
Ings
Digne
Total 115m

Grealish in 100m

not counting Coutinho or Chambers now back to your tissue you go please and stop with the snippy shit

You fundamentally don't understand how FFP works.
Apparently nor does Fosun or Jeff Shi in that case. According to the pre Grealish figures they had a 35 max to spend yet have spent 115 plus loans plus gerrard minus 100 m. That leaves them 20m from ffp penalty then. Not 75 mil.

Snorter

Mrs runny nose must be your mathematician
Bailey
Buendia
Ings
Digne
Total 115m

Grealish in 100m

not counting Coutinho or Chambers now back to your tissue you go please and stop with the snippy shit

Grealish figure goes straight onto the accounts as a lump sum.

The incoming go on the accounts amortised over the length of their contracts. If they signed Digne for £20m on a 4 year contract they spent £5m as far as the accounts are concerned.

Grealish figure goes straight onto the accounts as a lump sum.

The incoming go on the accounts amortised over the length of their contracts. If they signed Digne for £20m on a 4 year contract they spent £5m as far as the accounts are concerned.
Yep you’re right .
But they have still done it and so will Everton I would guess if Lampard goes there

I just can’t work out how Villa have gone from ffp trouble to making marquee signings just on the back of Grealish in one year yet we are still pleading poverty 4 years on.

Last edited:
Villa probably were going to be in the shit with FFP but the Grealish sale buys them a few more years.

They are going at it aggressively, as they will need to get some success in the next few years, before FFP bites again and they will have to do an everton a sign players on frees. Unless of course they sell a big name again, but looking at their squad I don’t really see anyone good enough to go to a bigger club. Ramsey I guess is the most likely.

To be clear
Villa probably were going to be in the shit with FFP but the Grealish sale buys them a few more years.

They are going at it aggressively, as they will need to get some success in the next few years, before FFP bites again and they will have to do an everton a sign players on frees. Unless of course they sell a big name again, but looking at their squad I don’t really see anyone good enough to go to a bigger club. Ramsey I guess is the most likely.
I don’t want us to do a Villa or an Everton but I would like something more than we are doing and to stop the poverty nonsense

Atleti have bid £40m for Cash

Yep you’re right .
But they have still done it and so will Everton I would guess if Lampard goes there

I just can’t work out how Villa have gone from ffp trouble to making marquee signings just on the back of Grealish in one year yet we are still pleading poverty 4 years on.
Because a) they got promoted, b) got taken over by two very rich blokes and c) sold a player for £100m which is effectively a £400m FFP boost if they are careful with contract length offers.

Also we aren’t pleading poverty at all. There is a difference between cannot spend and will not spend.

Atleti have bid £40m for Cash
Perhaps on the wrong thread, but that’s just bonkers Tony.

Fair play to Ville if they manage to flip him with such a profit within 2 years.

To put it into perspective, what they’ve done is make a decent profit for reinvestment on a ‘no plus’ player, whilst we have reportedly slapped a come and get me £40m on Ruben who’s loss would absolutely decimate us.

I just hope that this is paper talk shyte

Because a) they got promoted, b) got taken over by two very rich blokes and c) sold a player for £100m which is effectively a £400m FFP boost if they are careful with contract length offers.

Also we aren’t pleading poverty at all. There is a difference between cannot spend and will not spend.
I am confused at the club messages then. Shi has blamed FFP for us not splashing the cash a bit . I still call bull shit

Fuck me. Shi has been repeatedly called out on here for that being bullshit.

I am confused at the club messages then. Shi has blamed FFP for us not splashing the cash a bit . I still call bull shit
Nope. During the video interviews last May he mentioned FFP.
He then did an interview with Timmy and said its not FFP.

Just have to accept right now, we will not do a Villa type spending spree. Its not like we are tight arses though. We do spend but we won't go out and sign a Coutinho or the like.

End of the day we are owned by investors and the majority of signings are done on what the return on that investment will be. Obviously we all hope we flip from the majority joining us where the ROI is future sales and is actually based on the money the club earns by being successful.
We are trying to build a brand and for that to be a thing it has to change to success (and successful for ROI isn't bring a 8th-14th Prem League club)

Perhaps on the wrong thread, but that’s just bonkers Tony.

Fair play to Ville if they manage to flip him with such a profit within 2 years.

To put it into perspective, what they’ve done is make a decent profit for reinvestment on a ‘no plus’ player, whilst we have reportedly slapped a come and get me £40m on Ruben who’s loss would absolutely decimate us.

I just hope that this is paper talk shyte
Of course it’s fucking paper talk shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back