• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Mental Health thread

I'm a bit lost at the moment, to be honest. I don't have any work (not that I really could work anyway) and I don't know where I'm going.

Bipolar is hitting me and hitting me hard. It really wants to get me this time.

I'm not asking for solutions because there aren't any, beyond the obvious. It's wank though.

I'm not any good, big man. I try, but I can't do it.

Remembering old Wolves stuff isn't a thing. I suppose I'm teaching Mrs DW German but I don't think I could do that on a wider scale, I do that because it'll help her professionally and I love her. I can't write for shit any more.

I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do, to be honest.

Remembering old Wolves stuff isn't a thing. I suppose I'm teaching Mrs DW German but I don't think I could do that on a wider scale, I do that because it'll help her professionally and I love her. I can't write for shit any more.

No good me saying anything about your bipolar cos I don't know shit about it...obviously it's not helping your current situation.
As for your feelings of lack of self worth, no doubt many have gone through the same, I definitely have...on 2 or 3 extended periods of my life. You (and I) have one massive thing going for you....you have a person(s) in your life that loves you and that you love... this is no small thing.
Although I don't know you personally, having read loads of your posts, there is no doubt in my mind that there is something out there that you can do and will fulfill you, it's a matter of hanging in there till you work it out

Thanks for your kind words, gents.

It's been the best part of a decade since I was diagnosed with this shite and I still can't quite reconcile that it's an illness and not me being a soft twat. Mrs DW and my best mate both keep telling me to stop saying sorry. I do think that way though.

I had some time of with stress from work a few years again and was in a really bad place. I went for walks through parks etc and as I did I realised something, I saw lots of benches dedicated to people, and not one of them was dedicated to Project Managers, Site Managers, Sales Executives, CEOs etc. They were dedicated to wives, husband's, sisters, brothers, friends, family and so on.

It doesn't matter what you do or don't do.

You've done more then I could ever wish to accomplish that's why I'm disappointed. Dont ever put yourself down mate fucking please dont.

I had some time of with stress from work a few years again and was in a really bad place. I went for walks through parks etc and as I did I realised something, I saw lots of benches dedicated to people, and not one of them was dedicated to Project Managers, Site Managers, Sales Executives, CEOs etc. They were dedicated to wives, husband's, sisters, brothers, friends, family and so on.

It doesn't matter what you do or don't do.
This is legitimately profound, holy shit.

Very interesting.

I'm finding work quite stressful and making me quite anxious at the moment but without a doubt am happiest and able to take my mind off things when with family and friends.
I'm not a great one to talk as my ability to maintain a healthy work/life balance is terrible - that said being able to spend more time with my family since the first lockdown has been fantastic, made me realise what I've missed over all the years of travelling for work.

One of my biggest struggles mentally since getting this job last year has been that the pandemic is perhaps the best thing that could have happened for me personally at the time that it did. Gave me two months of no work whilst still collecting a paycheck, which let me focus 100% of my time on my studying for class, which set me up for way more success in interviews than I would ever have had otherwise, which set me up to quintuple my income.

Strange that a pretty ubiquitously bad, tragic world event can still have a ridiculously shiny silver lining. Makes me feel guilty to have profited off of the virus, even in such a roundabout way.

One of my biggest struggles mentally since getting this job last year has been that the pandemic is perhaps the best thing that could have happened for me personally at the time that it did. Gave me two months of no work whilst still collecting a paycheck, which let me focus 100% of my time on my studying for class, which set me up for way more success in interviews than I would ever have had otherwise, which set me up to quintuple my income.

Strange that a pretty ubiquitously bad, tragic world event can still have a ridiculously shiny silver lining. Makes me feel guilty to have profited off of the virus, even in such a roundabout way.

Take the opportunities that life puts your way and make the best of them.

No reason to feel guilty here

Me and the missus. We will sort out my nonsense.

cD5EQWH.jpg

Back