• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

And in other historical things, the Black Album is thirty years old this week. Christ.

Miley Cyrus and Elton John covering Nothing Else Matters is “interesting”. Royal Blood Sad But True is decent.

divine comedy touring next year, for some of you mad enough to want to see them.

Miley Cyrus and Elton John covering Nothing Else Matters is “interesting”. Royal Blood Sad But True is decent.
I discovered the blacklist album from this which is all the covers.

There are some excellent covers, not bland copies.

I liked both Miley Cyrus covers and Royal Blood's sad but true.

I might have to buy that, especially as it is an all proceeds to charity job.

The Miley Cyrus team up with Billy Idol doing White Wedding is good apart from the point where she talks over Steve Stevens guitar solo, now young lady there certain things you don't do !!!

For those that way inclined the new Iron Maiden is supposed to be a belter. Their best in years and years apparently. I shall listen with interest as the last Maiden album I actively liked was probably Fear of the Dark and that’s 29 years old.

It's supposed to be very proggy in style apparently. Like you, fear of the dark was my last real engagement with them, and not to the extent of their earlier work.
Like you I dis-engaged with them, possibly moreso after no prayer for the dying.

No Prayer was before Fear of the Dark! No Prayer 1990. Fear early 1992. Went to see them at De Montfort Hall on my second day at Uni in October 1990 supported by Wolfsbane and No Prayer was brand spanking new. Saw them at Donington 1992 for Fear.

I disengaged when Bruce left. Although Adrian Smith leaving halfway through the writing of No Prayer got up my nose a lot.

Now with the old band (plus Jannick) back together I’m hoping for good stuff, although my dreams of something like Piece of Mind are probably never going to be fulfilled. That is my absolute favourite Maiden. It’s majestic.

The snippets I've heard are more in tune with their stuff post Brave New World, in fact, possibly similar to their previous album, Book of Souls. Tbh I still need to give their new tracks a decent listen.

Back