• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Let us know how you find it, it's on our to go list
well the venue is pretty good imo. 2 large bars, and decently staffed meaning no long wait for being served. Heard a lot of peeps on the way out commenting how good the service was, and how quick.
It's a converted factory, so concrete floor, meaning you need comfy shoes.
Get there early, as if you're stuck at the side, some structural girders can restrict your view.
Strict covid checks beforehand too.

Onto James, well they were amazing. Now a 9 piece, their sound is bigger - it felt like when you first encounter wide-screen and realise how much more there is.. Their new tunes rock big time, and they played a few surprises too (hymn from a village, gold mother for the first time in over 20 years, marias party). I kinda expected they'd play more new songs, but plenty of old favourites, and as always, a few surprises. They also seemed to be loving playing live again, and the new members have invigorated their live show. They're touring larger venues across the next 2 weeks, and I'd really encourage people take advantage and go.

well the venue is pretty good imo. 2 large bars, and decently staffed meaning no long wait for being served. Heard a lot of peeps on the way out commenting how good the service was, and how quick.
It's a converted factory, so concrete floor, meaning you need comfy shoes.
Get there early, as if you're stuck at the side, some structural girders can restrict your view.
Strict covid checks beforehand too.

Onto James, well they were amazing. Now a 9 piece, their sound is bigger - it felt like when you first encounter wide-screen and realise how much more there is.. Their new tunes rock big time, and they played a few surprises too (hymn from a village, gold mother for the first time in over 20 years, marias party). I kinda expected they'd play more new songs, but plenty of old favourites, and as always, a few surprises. They also seemed to be loving playing live again, and the new members have invigorated their live show. They're touring larger venues across the next 2 weeks, and I'd really encourage people take advantage and go.
Really want to catch James, for some reason the past few years I've started listening to them again and the kids have picked up on them and like them too.

I am currently looking for tickets!

Really want to catch James, for some reason the past few years I've started listening to them again and the kids have picked up on them and like them too.

I am currently looking for tickets!
they're at the utilita arena (nia) friday mate. get yourself there!

they're at the utilita arena (nia) friday mate. get yourself there!

Frustratingly I am away for Friday night else I would have jumped at the opportunity, I am looking at Manchester in a couple of weeks. Really wanted to take my boys but can only get standing and they're both U14.

Dear friends, I am looking for recommendations of new ish stuff to listen to.
Especially when working I like stuff that is more instrumental, ambient, droney, or trancey. Recently I have been listening to einaudi, the sunshine soundtrack, bits of underworld, enya, christian loffler. I tried a bit of jon hopkins but couldn't get into it.

Any and all suggestions welcome - soundtracks, albums, and all genres. Stuff that is pleasant to have on in the background whilst working away at a keyboard.

Especially when working I like stuff that is more instrumental, ambient, droney, or trancey. Recently I have been listening to einaudi, the sunshine soundtrack, bits of underworld, enya, christian loffler. I tried a bit of jon hopkins but couldn't get into it.

Any and all suggestions welcome - soundtracks, albums, and all genres. Stuff that is pleasant to have on in the background whilst working away at a keyboard.
Try Mafikizolo:

Its South African Kwaito - kinda electronica / house-y hip-hop

Cannibal Corpse

Anybody on the forum into EDM or house or otherwise laid back electronic music? Looking for some new stuff in that vein.

Anybody on the forum into EDM or house or otherwise laid back electronic music? Looking for some new stuff in that vein.
Yes, hugely into house, deep house and electronica. Also having a big Dub Techno phase at the moment.

House

https://soundcloud.com/misskittin/dig-my-heart

Dub techno

Already super dig the Iron Galaxy track. Big MOON vibes which is always a positive, IMO.

Back