• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Already super dig the Iron Galaxy track. Big MOON vibes which is always a positive, IMO.
You should find a few more gems in those mixes.
Listening to mixes while I'm working is how I discover a lot of music these days.

Also, the most recent avalanches album is superb.
Little Britain by Dreadzone.
Most stuff by The KLF.
Night Works by Layo and Bushwacka.
Psychedelicatessen by Moodswings.
Most of Nightmares on Wax, especially Smokers Delight.
Anything by Sabres of Paradise.
Sasha and Digweeds Northern Exposure mixes are pretty special, especially the first one.

Got an early Christmas present to myself coming tomorrow. My first set of planar magnetic headphones.

I'll be stoked to give these a listen on them. :D

Got an early Christmas present to myself coming tomorrow. My first set of planar magnetic headphones.

I'll be stoked to give these a listen on them. :D
Nice - what pair have you gone for?

I possibly need to acquire a decent pair of headphones.

@Alan , I also forgot to recommend bicep. Their Isles album is a tie for my album of the year, with Mogwai's As the Love Continues, which is absolutely awesome.

Nice - what pair have you gone for?
Hifiman Sundara. Seems like the go-to planar under $500. Hifiman don't have the best reputation with quality control but I've gone through Amazon so simple enough to return if anything is wonky with my unit. The people who get "good" ones absolutely rave about it, though.

This bloke does good reviews of audiophile stuff, if your interested.

Yes, I really enjoy his channel and way of speaking about things! Seems a very down-to-earth guy which is so necessary for audio equipment reviewers. So easy to get swept up in descriptive words that don't really mean anything but John does a good job of avoiding that particular pothole.

Yes, I really enjoy his channel and way of speaking about things! Seems a very down-to-earth guy which is so necessary for audio equipment reviewers. So easy to get swept up in descriptive words that don't really mean anything but John does a good job of avoiding that particular pothole.
Summed up the reason I like him perfectly 😃

Hifiman Sundara. Seems like the go-to planar under $500. Hifiman don't have the best reputation with quality control but I've gone through Amazon so simple enough to return if anything is wonky with my unit. The people who get "good" ones absolutely rave about it, though.
Never listened to them personally, the same as most audio gear - my opinions are based on obsessively reading reviews etc, and based upon that - you've made an excellent choice!

Hoping to go to Camjam next year to actually hear some of these bad boys.

Never listened to them personally, the same as most audio gear - my opinions are based on obsessively reading reviews etc, and based upon that - you've made an excellent choice!

Hoping to go to Camjam next year to actually hear some of these bad boys.
Yeah, I’m only just able to start getting into proper hifi gear. It was almost impossible for me to imagine being able to afford a headphone like the Sundara this time last year. I will definitely have opinions to share!

Immediate thoughts on the Sundara:

Think I got one of the good units. Resolution and separation is as immaculate as I was lead to believe it would be. Like hearing songs for the first time again.

The cable sucks badly, though. Like, it works, but it's silicone wrapped (meaning it has mere weeks to live before my cat devours it) and it absolutely refuses to lie straight. If there was a part of this headphone that got sacrificed to cut costs, the cable is it.

Not my cup of tea, but if they give other people pleasure 🤷🏻‍♂️

Im not a fan of Coldplay but don't really get why they get so much grief, they're not awful. Viva La Vida is actually a pretty good song IMO. I'd take them over Sheeran and Adele any day of the week. And they are not as loathsome as some of the absolute tripe that you hear.

Their first few albums got a lot of play for me. After Viva La Vida they took a turn I couldn’t follow but I still give Parachutes a spin with some regularity.

Back