• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

But was that cops surname Munro?

Wrong thread I know, but am I going totally daft, or was OJ Simpson in the Naked Gun films?

But was that cops surname Munro?

Wrong thread I know, but am I going totally daft, or was OJ Simpson in the Naked Gun films?

He was indeed - he played Nordberg.

I bloody love those films.

Vincent Ludwig: Inspector Drebin, welcome.
Frank Drebin: The feeling is mutual.
Vincent Ludwig: Nice to meet you too [He offers Drebin some cigars] Cuban?
Frank Drebin: Err, no, Dutch-Irish, my father was from Wales.

:ursofunny:

[obvious]

Drebbin: Nice Beaver
Priscilla Presely: Thanks - I had it stuffed yesterday

[/obvious]

Langdale, I'm assuming you got your Elbow tickets via a pre-sale?
Can I ask how much they are? General sale is tomorrow, & I need to be planning a purchase...

Langdale, I'm assuming you got your Elbow tickets via a pre-sale?
Can I ask how much they are? General sale is tomorrow, & I need to be planning a purchase...

Oh oh me too...I want to go!!

£27.50 + £2.50 booking fee.

They're on general sale tomorrow at 9am - good luck anyone who's trying!

Hi, are there any young Wolves based lads/lasses on here?

Only asking cos' my nieces lad---is that my great nephew?---is in a local band called Bad Apes who seem to be making some waves and are currently branching out with gigs around the West Midlands.

Until recently they'd mostly been playing the Varsity,have'nt been able to see them yet and was wondering if anyone on here had?

£27.50 + £2.50 booking fee.

They're on general sale tomorrow at 9am - good luck anyone who's trying!

Got me 3 tickets. Fee was a little higher with the ticket factory (3.25) but a fairly problem free booking!

Yay!

blimey, i can get to see tame impala for £8+fee

I saw Metallica for £6 on the puppets tour. It was only £9.50 on the Justice Tour but the Black album ticket prices had shot up to nearly £20. As that was 1991 then £27.50 isn't too bad at all today for a big band like Elbow.

I have no idea Frank.

Not a bad name actually,it must be hard thinking up band names these days.

A warning to everyone:

It's Glastonbury ticket today and as a result, I'm a miserable bastard because I'm not going next year.

If anyone brags about getting a ticket on here, it's an instant infraction. Got that? Good.

Glastonbury is shit anyway. Full of hippies and it'll probably rain.

It's Glastonbury ticket today and as a result, I'm a miserable bastard because I'm not going next year.

Apparently it's a nightmare to get tickets at the moment..........

I wouldn't know though. :) :)

glasto.jpg

Last edited:
:admin:

Infraction for SSB. Reason: being a git.

:icon_Red-Card:

Ah the joys of not having to go through the Glasto ticket rush.

:neer_neer:

It was my birthday recently, so I've been given some stuff:

James - the morning after (new mini album) one quick listen, sounds ok, but a little downbeat. I love James though.
Mika - life in cartoon motion, after seeing him live, I have a lot of respect for him.
Underworld - Barking, a phenomenal album!

Slightly OT for the thread, I also got American The Bill Hicks story on dvd. Great to see at the cinema, it has a load of extras I'm excited about.
There was also a Bill Hicks essential collection released - 2xcd's & 2xdvd's which I can't wait to devour!

A moment of musical brilliance from the under-rated genius that is Pete Murphy, without whom many of the bands we know and love today almost certainly wouldn't exist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2WiGBS6wNY

Just got through that, and Im left wondering where the musical brilliance is? Its not bad by all means, but its just some guitar delay with some slow bass and a single vocal. Maybe Pete Murphy is a musical genius but this tune isn't an example of it

Ah the joys of not having to go through the Glasto ticket rush.

:neer_neer:

Just watched Orbitals entire performance from this years Glastonbury.....WOW. One of their best ever I'd say. They've changed the set bigtime since I saw them last Nov and its sounding amazing, lots of reworkings and added samples of big hits, such as Madonnas Material Girl in the end of Chime.

Back