• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Currently listening to "Lonely Avenue" an album where Nick Hormby has written (very) short stories and Ben Folds has turned them into songs

I have finally got the new Band of Horses album.

Joy!

Ben Kenney - Burn the Tapes, is absolutely brilliant. For those who have never come across him (I've tried plugging him on here time and time again) - he is the bass player of Incubus but his solo stuff is so funky and different. I love it.

Worlds Collide is one of my favourites of the new album - it stinks of summer to me. PLEASE give it a quick listen ;)

RIP Solomon Burke. Fast Train is one of my favourite songs which I'm going to blast out in his memory.

Just read he leaves behind 21 children and 90 grandchildren which is legendary in its own right.

I have had my first listen to new albums by two of my favourite bands.

1. Band of Horses - Infinite Arms.

Superb - listened to it twice today, some awesome melodies, and very catchy tunes. I think it has grabbed me quicker than the previous two. The last track in particular really impressed me. Really want to see them live. I'm hoping I'll get to see their show in Brum in January, but it's all down to (limited) finances.

2. The Bees - Every Step's A Yes

Brand new, out today - my copy arrived - signed by the band. I'm mad on this band - seen them live more than any other (11 times I think). This album is very much like their first - a lot more 'dreamy' and not as catchy and 'poppy' as their previous two. But some cracking music nontheless. I recommend you check these guys out, particularly live. They're extremely mulit-talented musicians. This album is really relaxing, particularly in the background after a long day!!

I have had my first listen to new albums by two of my favourite bands.

1. Band of Horses - Infinite Arms.
2. The Bees - Every Step's A Yes

Just stuck them both on Spotify, great chill out music.

Tame Impala's album Innerspeaker is as good as I might have hoped.

Also available on spotify. Looking forward to seeing them - for just £8 + booking fees. Sounds amazing value given some of the prices people seem to be forking out to see their bands "of choice" ;)

reports are circulating that glasot ain't happening due to the olympics, pressure on policing, & lack of availability of toilets.

Is this true? Or just another interweb myth?

reports are circulating that glasot ain't happening due to the olympics, pressure on policing, & lack of availability of toilets.

Is this true? Or just another interweb myth?

It's a load of bollocks that has been spouted by the Daily Mail and then picked up by other lazy journalists.

The expected fallow year has been moved on a year, not 2012 cancelled.

This decision was made at least 18 months ago and it was made public last year in a Q&A session at the festival.

Anyway could you imagine the Olympic punters using long-drops?

Last edited:
Tame Impala's album Innerspeaker is as good as I might have hoped.

Also available on spotify. Looking forward to seeing them - for just £8 + booking fees. Sounds amazing value given some of the prices people seem to be forking out to see their bands "of choice" ;)

saw the band tonight. f'king excellent and hard to believe how young they are. I believe the foo fighters have already signed them up for a support slot next year. i can understand why, they should be massive. suggest you look to see them as soon as.

Black Country Communion playing the Civic Hall on Wednesday 29 December 2010. But at £40/£45 a ticket I think I'll give it a miss

Back