• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

My October line up is like this :-

Peter Hook in Wolves on Thursday.
PWEI at The Crossing on 27th
Space in Wolves on 28th
Boo Radleys on 31st
I'm amazed Peter Hook is still alive tbh. I saw him with Monaco in the 90s and he looked old then!

Do you like Disco Dolly by Space? It's a little different (dancy) but catchy.

My October line up is like this :-

Peter Hook in Wolves on Thursday.
PWEI at The Crossing on 27th
Space in Wolves on 28th
Boo Radleys on 31st
Saw PWEI at a festival in th summer. They were really good!

I'm amazed Peter Hook is still alive tbh. I saw him with Monaco in the 90s and he looked old then!

Do you like Disco Dolly by Space? It's a little different (dancy) but catchy.
Saw Hooky at Sign of the times in May, he was fantastic however the sound there was majorly off. Hope to hear better sound off his guitar this time Thursday. Btw anything from Spiders and Tin Planet is top notch, so yes Disco Dolly rocks.

Temple of love EP 40 years old. 3 epic tracks.

Saw Blink-182 in Birmingham at the weekend.

What a band. We were treated to a mammoth 27 songs across their back catalogue. It's brilliant to see them back and firing on all cylinders. Travis Barker is a ridiculous drummer.

What a band. We were treated to a mammoth 27 songs across their back catalogue. It's brilliant to see them back and firing on all cylinders. Travis Barker is a ridiculous drummer.
A mate of mine went to that gig too as hes5a big fan. Said he loved it.

I'm still gutted I decided not to go and see blink 182 when they played wolves in the early 2000s. Might have even been 2000, opted to go and see my mate at uni instead.

It might be one for the "annoy" thread. But with a little bit of searching you regularly used to be able to find someone selling or sometimes giving away tickets for last minute gigs on Twitter / Facebook. Now spambots and scammers seemed to have wiped this out.

this track blew me away when I saw them at the teenage cancer trust gig in march. There were a number of other new tracks they played that night I am really keen to hear.
I am so hoping they do a drift series 2, but any kind of release would be so welcomed by myself.

Who on here is prepared to spend over £100 on the Definitely Maybe tour ? Think I'll do Sheffield.

Madonna at the O2 tonight.

Not really into the big name/big arena thing and the reviews seem mixed but going with an open mind on this one.

Hopefully there’ll be no duff new album tracks and it’ll be few beers beforehand and Madge knocking out the old-skool bangers.

Appreciate Madonna isn’t exactly everyone’s thing but anyway, a few thoughts.

Well, she was… very, very disappointing. Show was disjointed, a few highs dotted about but far too few of the big numbers and loads of rubbish noone really knew, with way too much talking and arty stuff which killed the mood.

Shame as everyone just wanted a celebration party and a bit of a dance. Loads of people dressed up and flamboyant gays etc but just when you thought it was getting going with one of the classics you had to sit through another load of guff for half an hour before getting up again.

We left a couple of songs before the end as did many others, she was late on and late off and avoiding the rush at the tube seemed much more appealing than any encore.

Shame but I suppose there’s always that danger when going to see a ‘legend’ and hoping for a medley of the back catalogue.

3-4 out of 10. Pants.

Last edited:

Well, she was… very, very disappointing. Show was disjointed, a few highs dotted about but far too few of the big numbers and loads of rubbish noone really knew, with way too much talking and arty stuff which killed the mood.

Shame as everyone just wanted a celebration party and a bit of a dance. Loads of people dressed up and flamboyant gays etc but just when you thought it was getting going with one of the classics you had to sit through another load of guff for half an hour before getting up again.

We left a couple of songs before the end as did many others, she was late on and late off and avoiding the rush at the tube seemed much more appealing than any encore.

Shame but I suppose there’s always that danger when going to see a ‘legend’ and hoping for a medley of the back catalogue.

3-4 out of 10. Pants.
Unfortunately some artists don't age well.
Guy I worked with years ago went to see her in the 90s and thought she was ace which was a big statement from him as his usual shows were stuff like The Pogues and Stiff Little Fingers.

3-4 out of 10. Pants.
I highly recommend watching the documentary Paris Is Burning if you want to see how much of an Elvis she really is. It’s not about her in any way, but the lines to draw are appallingly obvious.

Stole her whole shtick from 80s NYC drag culture.

Unfortunately some artists don't age well.
Guy I worked with years ago went to see her in the 90s and thought she was ace which was a big statement from him as his usual shows were stuff like The Pogues and Stiff Little Fingers.

Funnily enough my wife and sister both saw her independently in the 90’s and said the same.

Madonna’s voice was still very good, but the show was just crap. If she’d have gone all-out cheesy fun it would’ve been great, but it felt as though she felt she was above that and well, she isn’t.

Back