• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Ride the Lightning is forty years old this year. I feel old.

I still argue with myself about whether it might just be even better than Master of Puppets.

one of the ‘inspirations’ for the Horrors’ track, sea within a sea.

AC/DC announce 2 summer shows at Wembley stadium. Would love to go, but expecting it'll sell out immediately & dread to think how much tickets will be.

Ride the Lightning is forty years old this year. I feel old.

I still argue with myself about whether it might just be even better than Master of Puppets.
Ride for me. Just.

€117 to see them in a Dublin suburb at the foothills of the mountains with no parking nearby and limited public transport.
No thanks.
I'm a fan of Pearl Jam and would have paid that to see them in the Point depot, RDS or Malahide castle but I'm not paying that for the inconvenience of trying to get home for 3hrs afterwards.
Last time I went to a gig at Marlay park it was Longitude festival- sister of the UK Latitude festival. There was no taxis outside, there were 4 or 5 buses that filled up immediately and we had to walk half an hour to Rathfarnham to then battle it out with 20,000 other people for a few hundred taxis. I'm too old for that shit.

Drive my 14 yr old Granddaughter home from school most days, puts her playlist on from her phone, some rap song comes on, “I bet there’s some effing on this darlin” says me, “Grandad they’ve said that about 20 times already”, along with a load of ni**ers.

AC/DC announce 2 summer shows at Wembley stadium. Would love to go, but expecting it'll sell out immediately & dread to think how much tickets will be.
Main Pitch Standing: £115
Front Pitch Standing: £130
Seats: £55 - £145
Hospitality/VIP "starts" at £185. Not as bad as I feared it would be tbh. Probably still rules me out though.

In april 1991 I paid £14.80 to see them at the NEC.

The price of concert tickets makes me even more mad than the price of football tickets.
the variance in prices is insane imo. Levellers played the civic not long ago. they'd managed to keep prices down to just over £30 a ticket. That's a good price imo.
Most tickets in mid sized venues are starting at £70 now. When you add in the cost of travel, and refreshments, 2 people going to a gig is going to cost over £100 each easily.

In the early 1990's, I was paying £6 or £6.50 for a gig at the civic!

1708158378830.png
** not my ticket, but I was there and again in 1981

And just as a side note, did you know Abba played there in 1979

Poor venue. Saw Queen there in 1975, can`t remember how much I paid. Shortly after seeing them at the Civic, which was awesome.

Back