• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

I'll have a look ta, tbh I was just making a shit joke but will deffo give them a listen.

Really weird to think that this dropped before Nevermind.

Extreme early 90s vibes off this video.

It’s a good album.

Rusty cage, Jesus Christ pose and especially outshined are ace.

Superunknown came out 30yrs ago last week. That made me feel old.
I remember Black Hole Sun being on constant rotation on MTV. 10yr old me would be having breakfast cereal watching the video before school, and then another couple of times when I got home from school. It was massively promoted

Weirdly, I’ve never got sick of Alive by Pearl Jam. I still enjoy listening to it as much now as I did the first time I heard it.

A lot of my favourite songs have been overplayed by MTV or rock radio so I rarely listen to them now.
yeah, definitely gone off a lot of big singles by favourite artists that got over exposed. The joy is that led me to deeper cuts on albums that I may not have explored in as much detail before.

I probably agree but they're both much of a muchness in the slightly above average rock stakes.
giphy.gif

Shed Seven tickets on sale via there website from tomorrow. Sigh up tonight if interested.

Not sure whether to put this in the music thread or one of the politics threads, couldn't decide which though! So here it is.

Love or hate the song, he's right about one thing: the political right just don't have good music.

I have a very complicated relationship with Morrissey these days. I can square listening to The Smiths with the easy "it's Johnny fucking Marr, man" get out clause, but you can't do that with his solo stuff. Helps that he hasn't brought out a good record since 2009.

Back