• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Fucking hell. Mini just said "why is this old bloke playing a Steps song"

I think a fatal beating is in order...

I went "BBC red button" and watched the BBC Music, Introducing tent coverage of a band I've seen play in my old local in town. They're called The Sherlocks and sound very early Courteeners/Arctic Monkeys and I thoroughly enjoyed their set

Nile Rogers in a nutshell :

Here's a hit.
Here's another one.
Oh and whilst you're at it.. here's another one!!!

I went "BBC red button" and watched the BBC Music, Introducing tent coverage of a band I've seen play in my old local in town. They're called The Sherlocks and sound very early Courteeners/Arctic Monkeys and I thoroughly enjoyed their set
They're excellent. Went to see them today after the Killers and saw them earlier in the year in Bristol. Top notch live.

They're excellent. Went to see them today after the Killers and saw them earlier in the year in Bristol. Top notch live.

Just watching the Killers set now and it's just a greatest hit fest. I love bands who sound the same live as they do on studio albums, shows the singer doesn't need the producer to fudge his voice

Nile Rogers in a nutshell :

Here's a hit.
Here's another one.
Oh and whilst you're at it.. here's another one!!!

Really enjoyed them. Funky and ace. Thought Barry Gibb was great too.

Sheeran time. I like me a bit of Ed.

What he's achieved is hugely impressive for basically a little ginger lad with an acoustic guitar. He writes and performs all his own stuff, and knows how to put on a live show too.

He's achieved loads in the charts BUT.... My god this is so bloody boring and appeals to not many but Ed Sheeran fans and kids under 21! He's like a cross between Jack Penate and Craig David with mostly just nah nah nah nahs, fast attempted "rap" style and mumbled words in most of his songs.

And now, having read that back, I sound like my dad used to :icon_lol:

Absolute load of wank. Turned it off after 5 minutes. Just do not 'get' Ed Sheeran at all.

I quite enjoyed it!

But then I enjoyed Foo Fighters and saw lots of people slagging them off weirdly too.

Absolute load of $#@!. Turned it off after 5 minutes. Just do not 'get' Ed Sheeran at all.

Glad it wasn't just me! It was just a load of nothingness, the sort of act to have on during the Afternoon sets.. But a bloody headline act? Never

I quite enjoyed it!

But then I enjoyed Foo Fighters and saw lots of people slagging them off weirdly too.

Headline acts... Radiohead! Foo Fighters! and then Ed bloody Sheeran?

Ed's not to my taste (so didn't watch) but he's about the biggest act in the world right now so it's fair enough really. And you look at other headliners they've had recently - Mumford, Coldplay, Beyonce, Kanye, Adele -it's not that weird.

didn't watch too much more after friday. checked the angel olsen and national sets online, and a couple other things in passing.

didn't watch too much more after friday. checked the angel olsen and national sets online, and a couple other things in passing.

What did you think to the National's new stuff? Seems to me doing all that stuff with Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead has loosened them up a bit - chucking in a few more guitar solos.

What did you think to the National's new stuff? Seems to me doing all that stuff with Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead has loosened them up a bit - chucking in a few more guitar solos.

tbh it passed me by a bit but wasn't listening too closely. may have just been me but i'll have another listen. i didn't get their last album and prob wouldn't get the next either. i'd usually stop after 3 or 4 from a band anyway. i liked that they did a proper version of mr november though. probably good if they're trying new things even if nothing too fundamental. guitar solos though - great if it adds to a track, but shite if it's just a wank fest for musos.

tbh it passed me by a bit but wasn't listening too closely. may have just been me but i'll have another listen. i didn't get their last album and prob wouldn't get the next either. i'd usually stop after 3 or 4 from a band anyway. i liked that they did a proper version of mr november though. probably good if they're trying new things even if nothing too fundamental. guitar solos though - great if it adds to a track, but shite if it's just a wank fest for musos.

You really weren't paying attention, mate - pretty sure they didn't play Mr November :icon_lol: I complained to my missus about it.

And it's not like they've hired Yngwie Malmsteen on lead guitar. It's more of a War on Drugs vibe.

Back