• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

He was central to portico Quartet being good (they went off kilter when he left). Might check his glasto set.

Paul Heaton and Jaqui Abbot have announced a tour, including a date at the civic this november.

Will wait until they announce the 2nd wave for 2018. I am away on the Wolves date

Spent the morning listening to nick mulveys glasto set - t'was alright. Might consider his institute gig.

On his twitter feed he mentions liking the new portico quartet tune. PQ were great when he was a member. He left, they got another fella in, then that fella left & they went "all experimental" (read shite). I could never understand why they went the way they did. Why have a phenomenal drummer who spends more time twiddling knobs on samplers etc.
New track is a return to being a 4 piece. The hang returns and features prominently. Really liking it. Would deffo see them again if they are more like Isla/Knee deep in the north see, like when I saw them support Penguin Cafe. If they are like their 3rd/4th albums, then no.

This "endless" track however, is really nice!

Will wait until they announce the 2nd wave for 2018. I am away on the Wolves date

I did think of you when posting it. I also thought of posting some sarcastic witticism, but then thought that was asking for trouble...

Anyways, exciting week this week music wise for me. Off to see James play a warm up show at leicester academy on wednesday, then elbow at cannock chase friday. Bonus of friday, is special guest is steve mason. I loved the beta band, and have wanted to see him for a long while, but have missed his shows for various reasons.

Anyways, exciting week this week music wise for me. Off to see James play a warm up show at leicester academy on wednesday, then elbow at cannock chase friday. Bonus of friday, is special guest is steve mason. I loved the beta band, and have wanted to see him for a long while, but have missed his shows for various reasons.

All kinds of awesomeness for this post. Jealous!

Paul Heaton and Jaqui Abbot have announced a tour, including a date at the civic this november.
Have they got any new material coming out? Love their two albums so far.

Listening to a bit of Camera Obscura. I'd forgotten how much I love Tracyanne Campbell's voice.

Really interesting. Hadn't heard any of their new stuff til you posted that. Their new album should be exciting.

And pre-ordered. £15 delivered for a signed deluxe CD and live DVD.

A quick trip to Youtube and I like the new song too.

In keeping with the previous 2 albums is that track. No need for Heaton to alter what he does now.

Speaking of Camera Obscura, the latest one by Alvvays (clearly influenced by C.O.) is very nice.

After the day I have had I needed to relax, so a glass of wine and Power Windows by Rush was just what was needed.

Just brilliant.

Back