• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Next Ten Games

groin injury i think. his return seems to being carefully managed. I said on another thread I suspected he was rested at the weekend to allow him to play thursday. pure speculation on my part though.

To add to the pure speculation.. the subs warm up in front of us and it’s kind of a thing that we clap them and they wave to us, as it’s the kids area. All subs do it, like every single one of them even the grumpy fuckers. Only player I’ve ever not seen do it was Bennett against Villa. Really stuck in my mind as very off.

To add to the pure speculation.. the subs warm up in front of us and it’s kind of a thing that we clap them and they wave to us, as it’s the kids area. All subs do it, like every single one of them even the grumpy fuckers. Only player I’ve ever not seen do it was Bennett against Villa. Really stuck in my mind as very off.
Someone must have thrown their coke bottle lid at him

Given their lack of pace if Mousset doesn't play, it wouldn't surprise me massively if he played Bennett at LCB.

I don't think Benno will go to the left. If they don't think Max is suitable (I do and he should play) Nuno is more likely to put Donck on the left and Benno on the right

Kilman should be given the chance - from the little I have seen then he is as good as Bennett even if he is less experienced

Kilman should play, this is the sort of team he should do well against, no surprises without real pace, flair or creativity, just stay focused, short pass to coady or donk and avoid mistakes.

The main thing that concerns me about the Sheff Utd game at this point is getting outnumbered in the middle. As we've seen they like to break forward a lot, which now and again causes us problems (see Southampton away last year) and we've seen Moutinho and Neves get worked over before when they're outnumbered (notably Watford at home last year)

I think we've developed past that now so I don't think we'll change, but I am a bit wary. Should be an interesting one, for sure.

We can overload the midfield in this formation. If Jonny and / or Doc bomb forward wide then Adama and Jota move a little more central to allow it and we have four there rather than two.

The main thing that concerns me about the Sheff Utd game at this point is getting outnumbered in the middle. As we've seen they like to break forward a lot, which now and again causes us problems (see Southampton away last year) and we've seen Moutinho and Neves get worked over before when they're outnumbered (notably Watford at home last year)

I think we've developed past that now so I don't think we'll change, but I am a bit wary. Should be an interesting one, for sure.

With Donck and Saiss we have defenders who step into that space to help now. We also play a lot higher up and both Jota and Adama hold the ball a lot better now and force defenders and midfielders to watch for them.

For some context:

Bournemouth (A) 23/11
Braga (A) 28/11
Sheff Utd (H) 01/12
West Ham (H) 04/12
Brighton (A) 08/12
Besiktas (H) 12/12
Spurs (H) 15/12
Norwich (A) 21/12
Man City (H) 27/12
Liverpool (A) 29/12

Win/draw in Europa would do (preferably in that order)

PL I think roughly W4 D2 L2 - would give us 30 from 22, not quite 1.5 pts/game but creeping closer

Bump :) Well we got draw/win in Europa - job done ultimately, maybe could've shook out better if we'd topped the group but don't think we can complain too much there

In the league we ended up W4 D2 L2 *cough*called it*cough* - though I must admit I didn't quite think it'd shake out the way it did ;)

Back