• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Ridiculously mental 3rd quarter. Which was a good thing, as it turned the match into a contest.

What a game, although I'm going to pay for the 3 hours sleep! If you have 4 downs from inside the 10 yd with just over 2 minutes to go to (probably) win the Superbowl and don't convert then you don't really deserve to win.

Terrible play calling. Didn't give Gore the ball once, and even if you're going to throw it, you don't target the same receiver for 4 tries.

I'm glad the Ravens won, I bloody hate the 49ers from the 80's!
I do normally want the NFC team to win as I'm a Bears fan but make an exception when either the 49ers or the Packers reach the Super Bowl!

Brilliant game and spot on Darlo. Glad the niners lost and the Ravens were brilliant for the most part.

Did you guys get the halftime show?

we usually do. couldn't keep awake any longer than the half so I went to bed.

Yes it was. They may as well have put her best of CD on and played the videos in the background.

And there was a severe lack of boob...

Yes it was. They may as well have put her best of CD on and played the videos in the background.

Congratulations, you've just described every concert in history; curious why this one was so bad, seeing as it was pulled off quite nicely. It wasn't crap. What were you expecting, some jokes or card tricks?

Saw The Who one from a couple of years back, that was pretty good. I don't doubt Beyonce has a good voice, it's just everything I see of her live says polished autotune.

Yeah except she was singing live the entire concert. ; )

Congratulations, you've just described every concert in history; curious why this one was so bad, seeing as it was pulled off quite nicely. It wasn't crap. What were you expecting, some jokes or card tricks?

It wasn't really a live performance. It was her singing to a backing track. About as interesting a performance as when James sticks the Carpenters on and does his best Karen Carpenter impression when the neighbours are out.

I can understand if it's not your thing, but as a performance it wasn't bad, especially since it was pretty much a solo thing. Just don't understand all the hate she's getting over it.

Prince is the only halftime show I've really enjoyed in probably a decade.

Enough of the half time show, the game was great. One of the great Superbowls IMO. Glad that John was the brother that won, Jim seems a bit uptight and something of a hardass!

Yeah except she was singing live the entire concert. ; )

She wasn't singing..... Her backing singers were singing and she shouted random "yeahs" and "Ooos" mostly, then sang the odd line or three. Not forgetting her girating a lot.
That isn't a show and as mentioned earlier, The Who performance was head and shoulders above that

Saying that i did quite enjoy The Back Eyed Peas performance and some of the adverts this year were good to watch. (I'm guessing they did not show those back in the UK?)

Enough of the half time show, the game was great. One of the great Superbowls IMO. Glad that John was the brother that won, Jim seems a bit uptight and something of a hardass!

Both of them would've reacted the same way in either situation, I'm sure. :D

I hated the tale of two halves for both teams though, I didn't think it was a particularly great game. Exciting last few minutes sure, but generally mediocre.

How so Tech, there was some excellent play calling, running and Anquin Bolden was brilliant. Kaepernick running that 15yd score in was brilliant play action stuff.

The half time show was over produced guff with little talent on stage and a waste of 40 minutes, the blackout was more fun at least we got a few highlights from previous Superbowls and watching John H get out of his pram with the officials.

Boldin was a beast all playoffs, no doubt about that. At the end the game it was close, but most of the game it wasn't. Dunno. I just didn't find it very exciting for the Ravens to be up by 20 at the half, even if the niners made a bit of a comeback.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it though. I'm probably just spoiled by the last few superbowls which have been utterly fantastic.

Back