• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Yeah I'm a Panthers fan so I'm obligated to dislike the Falcons from the Vick years where they torched us every damn game. Hated Vick.

Just watched the playoffs.
That's my favs all out.
Just had my Superbowl reduced to passing interest now!

Can't believe the Packers and the Patriots couldn't do it!
Vikings would have been a bonus, but to lose all 3 in the playoffs?
Good job I don't bet.

Yeah I'm a Panthers fan so I'm obligated to dislike the Falcons from the Vick years where they torched us every damn game. Hated Vick.

Those were bad days. I can think of five TD runs just off the top of my head where no one got close to touching him.

And he made Dan Morgan look like the clown he was.

Am I the only one being talked into having a Super Bowl party ? ! It's either that or go and watch it in a bar.

Anyone else bothering, or do most of you not give a toss ?

I'll be watching it with my little one in my arms. Looking forward to this, should be a defensive match but hope the 49ers get broken and collapse in the 4th and Flacco floats two TD passes to win it at the death.

Am I the only one being talked into having a Super Bowl party ? ! It's either that or go and watch it in a bar.

Anyone else bothering, or do most of you not give a toss ?

Thought I'd replied to this...Odd!!

No party for me and yes I do really give a toss!
We get it on BBC2 this year so it starts at 2300, I think the game starts at 2330 and will go on to around 0430 - 0500. So no, no party.
I'll be watching it 1st thing Monday morning.

I'll be attending a party. We've hosted before but our current place isn't big enough. It was requested that I bring my chili which you all found disgusting. It will be enjoyed. ;)

Those were bad days. I can think of five TD runs just off the top of my head where no one got close to touching him.

And he made Dan Morgan look like the clown he was.

Aw, I liked Morgan. He was a good LB, just likely dizzy more often than not from the million concussions he had. Panthers do not have good luck with LB's...

No early start at work for me on Monday so I shall be watching it on Sky.

I've told work I'll be in a little late on Monday so yes I'll be watching on Sky.

The SB has been much closer and more entertaining lately than years past. Definitely worth watching for sports fans in general.

Good to see a couple of you will be watching from across the pond :)

I really enjoy the Superbowl. It's an all day thing, a bit like how it used to be on a footie Cup Final Day . It's a good day to get together with friends and neighbours and drink beer and eat Ribs ! It doesn't really matter if you have no favouritism as to who you want to win, but if you do it makes it even better ! I'm hoping for a 49er win, I don't care how they do it, as long as they do it !!

Happy SuperBowl Sunday everyone :Cheerleader:

I tried watching American Football once, after 4 hours though I gave up.

I was probably asleep for 3 hours 57 minutes of it though

A typical football game is less than 3 hours... must have been a hell of a good game! ;)

I don't have a team as such, but back a team each way for the Superbowl each year, which theoretically are on the up. From the high of the Packers 2 years ago to the low of the Bucs last year. This year I'm a 49er, so a great start last night away to the favourites for the NFC title.

Come on the 49ers!

What a game, although I'm going to pay for the 3 hours sleep! If you have 4 downs from inside the 10 yd with just over 2 minutes to go to (probably) win the Superbowl and don't convert then you don't really deserve to win.

Had that game got a bit of everything or what !! Even a power cut !! And in the end, a deserving Ravens victory.

I'm glad the Ravens won, I bloody hate the 49ers from the 80's!
I do normally want the NFC team to win as I'm a Bears fan but make an exception when either the 49ers or the Packers reach the Super Bowl!

Back