• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official World Cup 2018 Megathread

Doubt Croatia expected to be here so no reason to play with any fear - 1 down, but they have shown that they can come back from being behind

That's awful defending from France, could see the guy coming down the line to get on the end of the freekick for 20 minutes then a shower of shit several times trying to deal with the scraps in the box.

Should be good for the game though.

That's a very tough call to make.

I agree. It travelled a long way even if he didn't see it until late.

For me that’s one that you stick with the original decision, too close to call

Really not sure that that was a clear/definite penalty - look at it enough on VAR it probably becomes more likely that it will be awarded.

Wouldn't want this final to be decided by that

Disagree- the right decision was made, with new context that the ref didn’t have in the moment. Textbook VARing.

If it takes him that long to make his mind up then surely it’s not clear enough that it was wrong in the first place. I don’t think it was a pen anyway

Never a pen. Wasn’t intentional for a start which is actually the rule. If matuidi didn’t miss the flick on then it wouldnt have hit his hand.

How do you know the ref actually saw it hit his hand in the first place? If he didn't then he has every right to overturn it once he saw that it did.

France look terrible at these corners, only a matter of time before they concede.

Pen was very clear, could see the ball and moved his hand towards it, not sure what else it could be.

Shouldn’t have been a penalty. Unintentional and the player that flicked the ball on was about 10cm away - very harsh.

Back