• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To Germany 2024

Grealish was nothing to write home about against real, Doku on the other hand looked like a winger of the old school.

TAA for Mainoo and 433 for me. Maguire is what he is and nobody else is screaming to play. My issue with him being picked for England was more to do with him not getting a game with Utd than anything else and when fit he's now back in. Whoever is left back worries me from a fitness perspective, I'd take Mitchell to go with Shaw rather than Chilwell given they are both injury risks
TAA in midfield? FFS...

Well the first time I said it you put a Wow emoji, the second time a FFS. If you don't know where he's been essentially playing for Liverpool for the last 18 months and where he played for England in the last game he started that's your issue not mine. Don't behave like a dick and I won't treat you like one

We always list TAA as a midfielder now on the squad list. Now you can agree or disagree with him playing there but Southgate is not going to pick him as a RB unless it's a weird stack of injuries in a tournament and he's the only one who can go there.

Well the first time I said it you put a Wow emoji, the second time a FFS. If you don't know where he's been essentially playing for Liverpool for the last 18 months and where he played for England in the last game he started that's your issue not mine. Don't behave like a dick and I won't treat you like one
I do know where he'a being playing for club and country and IMO (that's what this forum is about?), he is not a particularly good midfielder. You think he is, I disagree and have stated it previously.

You can treat me how the fuck you like. Just don't be surprised when you get a reaction $$$$.

We always list TAA as a midfielder now on the squad list. Now you can agree or disagree with him playing there but Southgate is not going to pick him as a RB unless it's a weird stack of injuries in a tournament and he's the only one who can go there.
I don't think TAA is worth any place in the squad. Stinks of square pegs and round holes, IMHO, IMV...

What's with the $$$$? Are you 12? Strange anger issues.

TAA isn't a genuine midfielder in my eyes, I think the role he's had at Liverpool lately has been more bespoke than the caveat people use for Doherty's performances under Nuno. I don't think I can remember them using him as an outright midfielder with someone else sat at fullback but more that he's allowed to drift inside as often as he wants.

To be honest I think it's a boon for him as he seems able to avoid the most difficult aspects of either position in that role. No longer being beat by all and sundry down the channel on counter attackers and not really having to much in central either. He doesn't seem to offer any great threat through the middle compared to the alternatives either, McAllister has a better eye for a pass and Szoboszlai carries it better.

I think it's just a way to get his delivery into the game without him being an open door of a fullback.

TAA isn't a genuine midfielder in my eyes, I think the role he's had at Liverpool lately has been more bespoke than the caveat people use for Doherty's performances under Nuno. I don't think I can remember them using him as an outright midfielder with someone else sat at fullback but more that he's allowed to drift inside as often as he wants.

To be honest I think it's a boon for him as he seems able to avoid the most difficult aspects of either position in that role. No longer being beat by all and sundry down the channel on counter attackers and not really having to much in central either. He doesn't seem to offer any great threat through the middle compared to the alternatives either, McAllister has a better eye for a pass and Szoboszlai carries it better.

I think it's just a way to get his delivery into the game without him being an open door of a fullback.
I agree with you but Southgate has definitely used him as a genuine #8 (not where he plays for Liverpool) recently. But his availability has been sketchy so we haven't seen it against anyone any good to see if it works properly.

I don't think it will but it is an unknown to an extent.

I agree with you but Southgate has definitely used him as a genuine #8 (not where he plays for Liverpool) recently. But his availability has been sketchy so we haven't seen it against anyone any good to see if it works properly.

I don't think it will but it is an unknown to an extent.

I think it's one of those where you'll get some good outings with it, against opponents content to sit in and leave plenty of room in the middle of the pitch so he can just loaf about in there. Given opportunity like that he'll undoubtedly end up putting some good deliveries into the box and probably end up creating some good chances as a result because his delivery is very good for the most part.

Then there will also be games where the other side have a couple of solid centre halves who are content to just knock that sort of stuff away all game or teams that will get in England's faces more, and with the latter I don't think he's *that* good with the ball to be too much of a help playing around an organized press.

I'm still holding on to 30 of his rookie Premier League cards just in the hope he gets a call up..

Answering the question, it depends what you use the deeper squad places for. You are essentially taking players who aren't getting on the pitch, if that's to give youngsters experience of tournament football that's fine. I don't see the point of just deepening your squad with someone in their late 20s/30s just because you can

Back