• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To Germany 2024

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
First England squad announced:

Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale

Chilwell, Dier, Guehi, James, Maguire, Shaw, Stones, Trippier, Walker

Bellingham, Gallagher, Henderson, Maddison, Mount, Phillips, Rice

Foden, Grealish, Kane, Rashford, Saka, Toney

Time to move on from Sterling for me so that's a fair omission. Henderson shouldn't be involved any more.

Think that's Coady's England career over.

The end of the Cheerleader era for Coads then

Surprised Toney is in with his ban incoming

Very odd adding Toney now but not for the WC

See Gaz is adding Jimmy Floyd to his team which is odd.

Is Phillips deserving of a call up? Has played around an hour of Prem League football this season

Is Phillips deserving of a call up? Has played around an hour of Prem League football this season
It's an area where we're short; who's next, Dewsbury-Hall, Willock, Longstaff, JWP? Not convinced by any of them.

Obviously you'd imagine Rice and Bellingham will play both games anyway.

It's an area where we're short; who's next, Dewsbury-Hall, Willock, Longstaff, JWP? Not convinced by any of them.

Obviously you'd imagine Rice and Bellingham will play both games anyway.
JWP would be perfect if they introduced a Hockey style rule - Set Play, make a temp sub...

Gaz really does struggle to move on, bet he still sleeps with his childhood teddy.

Maguire can hold the pom poms I guess. For me, Maguire, Phillips and Gallagher don't deserve to be in the squad, but as DW highlights, who do we swap them for?
I also have concerns regarding Dier (assuming he has been included for his versatility), and whilst accepting comments from others re Toney, if the disciplinary issue wasn't there he'd be absolutely nailed on. However surprised they included Walker whilst subject to a potential police investigation.

Perhaps without Coady to shake the pom poms, Walker is there is windmill?

Walker shouldn’t be in either due to his recent misdemeanours.

The same 3 Wolves players who went to the WC are in the Portugal squad

Back