• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To The Desert: World Cup 2022 Qualification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dier, Mings and Lingard shouldn't be there but it's not too bad. Fair play to him for dropping TAA kid can't defend.

Yeah still can't get my head round it other than the fact they want a left footed centre back, which is pointless if he is shit on the ball anyway

I think that's all it is. Wants that balance if we go with a 3 at the back, even though i think that can be overstated. What would the other option be, Ben Mee?

Wolves best LCB is our right footed one so I'm not sure it will make that much difference.

Maguire suits LCB has he's pretty good striding forward with the ball, Dunk and Godfrey could do the same job but if England really want to go 3 at the back it has to be:

Stones---Coady---Maguire

I don't think 3 at the back suits England and 4-1-4-1 Man City style suits much better.

With Stones back on his game I'm more open to playing 4 at the back with him and Maguire. I wouldn't trust any of the others in a 4.

I would play a back four with Stones and Maguire centre back (also think it would suit Trent much more too at right back).

Southgate seems to be set on a back three unless he changes that now, so gives Coady a decent shot I think.

Wolves best LCB is our right footed one so I'm not sure it will make that much difference.

Maguire suits LCB has he's pretty good striding forward with the ball, Dunk and Godfrey could do the same job but if England really want to go 3 at the back it has to be:

Stones---Coady---Maguire

I don't think 3 at the back suits England and 4-1-4-1 Man City style suits much better.
I think that's how you get your best players on the pitch, but Southgate doesn't trust any of our centre halves in a 2, although I think he goes OTT with 3 cbs and 2 midfielders to screen. He also hasn't found a way for the wide forwards in his 343 to work effectively with his wing backs. I think it was TAA and Sterling who kept taking up similar positions in the one game.

If Stones can take his City form onto the International stage then maybe he's the answer, but we know of old, one mistake and his chin hits the floor.

I still don’t get the Mings love in from the general football fan/pundit. He’s an arrogant thug who makes a lot of mistakes. He got his arse handed to him by Joelinton all game against Newcastle last week. Konsa is much better than him.
Agree, rubbish footballer and seems like a horrible person. Constantly out of position and then throws himself to make the impressive last-ditch block in a Stearman-esque fashion.

Agree, rubbish footballer and seems like a horrible person. Constantly out of position and then throws himself to make the impressive last-ditch block in a Stearman-esque fashion.
His community work off the pitch is actually top notch. Agree he's scummy on it

will always remember hearing him laugh when he realised the south bank sang "if mings can play for england so can I" at him

Looking at the Dutch team (they're losing to Turkey thanks to a goal from 72 year old Burak Yilmaz), hard to see how they've had a bit of a renaissance of late, even if it was from their lowest point in nearly 40 years.

The starting XI contains Norwich's keeper, a Fulham defender and two players who flopped at Middlesbrough and Watford respectively. Depay up front. Assorted failed PL dross on the bench.

No wonder De Boer is saying he thinks VVD should be fit for the Euros which is in stark contrast to the Liverpool view.

2-0 down now.

There is precedent for a player missing nearly all a season and still playing the summer tournament (Anderton for both 1996 and 1998 I think, definitely Original Ronaldo for 2002) but I'd be very surprised. He doesn't seem anywhere near a return.

I think he needs a fair wind to his sails to even make the start of next season

3-0 straight after half time.

I suspect that Frank de Boer may not be the next big managerial sensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back