• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Royals

I've not fact checked this so it could be nonsense: I read that the council tax for Buckingham Palace is about £1800 per year, Westminster Council, Band H. Which is less than the average 3 bedroom detached in Blackpool (the comparison given, not my own). If this is true, what in the actual fuck is going on there!?

Easier to work from the point of view that Council Tax is complete bullshit (for a start, most bands haven't been re-assessed since 1991) and go from there.

I'm genuinely surprised they pay any council tax tbh.

The main body of Buckingham Palace does not attract council tax, but pays business rates. However, several properties within the palace pay band H council tax, according to the City of Westminster Council.

I've not fact checked this so it could be nonsense: I read that the council tax for Buckingham Palace is about £1800 per year, Westminster Council, Band H. Which is less than the average 3 bedroom detached in Blackpool (the comparison given, not my own). If this is true, what in the actual fuck is going on there!?
I had a debate with a bloke a work once as he stated that the south east deserved higher investment and that they’d be paying a fortune in council taxes etc. I then showed him the equivalent bands where he lived and in Kensington and Chelsea. He couldn’t believe that he was actually paying more with a fraction of services on offer. We ax the rich too much though….

Fair play that he wants to have time with the kids rather than leaving them with Nanny while he goes around the Country pretending to give a shit about stuff.

Separate it from the Royal Family bit that's just a bloke trying to be a good Dad isn't it?
It's his job though innit.

And I have my job and if that offers me the opportunity to be with the kids instead of working I am taking it. (Although they are now 28 and 26 so might not be that impressed with my gesture)

I am far from a fan of the Royal Family but just seems a stretch to have a pop at "man takes time off to be at home with his kids"

I like how the bloke clearly wants no part of this nonsense and has the worst fitting shirt by a mile, but has had to go along with it.

No sympathy though as that late 2000s tattoo is a disgrace, enjoy your fake grief, knobhead.
Jesus Dan!
There are a lot of bits in that post which are over the top and a bit shit.
Someone had a tattoo a few years ago and you think it's out of date?
What the fuck is he supposed to do do? Wipe it off and do a fresh one every 3 or 4 years?
His Mrs bought a set of T shirts a few years ago and his is a bit snug...
Fake grief??
Knobhead??

Might be an idea for us to club together and buy you a replica PC outfit. Then you can be a toy cop any time you like, not just replying to forum posts from ages ago at random.

Give it a rest.

And I have my job and if that offers me the opportunity to be with the kids instead of working I am taking it. (Although they are now 28 and 26 so might not be that impressed with my gesture)

I am far from a fan of the Royal Family but just seems a stretch to have a pop at "man takes time off to be at home with his kids"
Yeah you'd have a point if this was a normal man, with a normal job and a normal life. Or if he'd "earned" his life.

But he isn't and hasn't, so I can be bitter about it if I want to thanks. Particularly as his life is funded by the tax payer and we individually don't have a say in the matter.

Carry on squire.

Just for me many parts of that set up to get annoyed about and you have highlighted some of them but I just can't get on board with being bitter about him wanting to do something normal (or as close to normal) when part of an institution that doesn't do normal things.

Might be an idea for us to club together and buy you a replica PC outfit. Then you can be a toy cop any time you like, not just replying to forum posts from ages ago at random.

Give it a rest.
I have no idea when it was posted. If it was a while ago, I didn't see it otherwise I'd have commented on it then.
You're highly intelligent Dan but you can be a patronising twat sometimes.

The date above the post is something of a guide, but everyone knows I always enjoy a Deutsch is better than that post

Tell you what, next time you have a problem with a joke I tell, hit report and let the moderators deal with it. Then I won't have to deal with your tedious moralising, which I must say is pretty fucking rich from someone who's been banned for saying racist things in the past and recommended Chubby Brown videos as good Christmas presents.

Don't bother me again, this isn't the first time and I've had enough of it now.

Tell you what, next time you have a problem with a joke I tell, hit report and let the moderators deal with it. Then I won't have to deal with your tedious moralising, which I must say is pretty fucking rich from someone who's been banned for saying racist things in the past and recommended Chubby Brown videos as good Christmas presents.

Don't bother me again, this isn't the first time and I've had enough of it now.
Well, it's like a lot of things 20 and 30 years ago, lots of things that were good then, won't be a good fit now, as you well know, so mentioning that is a little bit trite.
And if you're going to give me that 'it was only a joke' line, you need to lengthen your intolerance nerve endings and drink less wine.
And by the way, that photo post wasn't randomly from ages ago, it was last Monday.
Some of us have a life to lead, many things to do during the days rather than living on here, so it's not always possible to be bang up to date with every single thread.

They don't work hard by any stretch of the imagination. If he wants to be a normal dad he needs to do a Harry and fuck off.

This is unbelievably nasty.

The bloke is looking after his kids because his wife has been in hospital and his father has just been diagnosed with cancer.

Have a fucking word.
Alright Camilla calm down.

He's a multi multi millionaire with literally hundreds of staff looking after him. Royal calendars aren't nearly as busy as they try to make out- he'll have plenty of time with his kids. A lot more most of his subjects do that's for sure.

His dad has access to the best health care possible at a time when people are literally dying because of our underfunded NHS.

Back