• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Rugby Thread

France v Ireland off next week.

They are planning to play the outstanding matches in October.

Ireland have yet another Six Nations game postponed. Amid accusations that they are running scared and don't have the balls, Joe Marler has been sent to investigate...

Joe Marler and Courtney Lawes cited. No Welsh players.

The officials were dangerous on Saturday. Should be binned.

Nothing wrong with that

Yes there is. It's a high tackle and you can't lead with your shoulder and you could argue he hadn't gone for a wrap. At least a yellow.

From a technical point of view it's bloody dangerous as he gets his head on the wrong side and has no idea where his shoulder is in relation to Tuilagi's head.

Other than that he's ok.

It's a little high, maybe. Looks like a wrap to me, what with both arms being round the England player.

Look, if a yellow was given I wouldn't have been up in arms, but I thought citing was only for cases that could or should have been a red card?

It’s all immaterial though, if it’s a hit to the head (which it is) then it’s a red. It’s a daft rule, but you can’t argue with the motive or the rule.

I have watched it again. You are right. The leading shoulder does catch the back of the head. In light of that, I am surprised at the citing commissioner.

As I said previously, awful inconsistent refereeing and officiating led by Ben O'Keefe.

Now the citing committee are being one-eyed.

WTF is going on.

I would have thought the minimum level of 6 weeks would have been more than enough.

Deserved more than 10. Horrible thing to do and seemed to be the aim was to get another player to retaliate. Doubt we will see him for England again.

Considering he came out of international retirement for this, then yes, this is probably the last we will see him in an England jersey.

Came out for the World Cup didn’t he?

It was a stupid thing and it clearly was trying to get AWJ to absolutely thump him and take a red card. Marler has been a fool and has a rap sheet, but I think the best thing here is supporting him and that sort of thing rather than destroying him. AWJ wanted action, but I doubt he would have wanted maximum punishments.

Back