• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Rugby Thread

Won by 3 points in the end. Should have been a lot more, but no bad considering it was 13 v 16 for the last 10.

Scoreline flatters Wales massively completely outplayed first half, sending off is very harsh.

Couldn’t see it as the pubs were too packed after the game so I went home. No idea how either side played so impossible to comment.

Couldn’t see it as the pubs were too packed after the game so I went home. No idea how either side played so impossible to comment.

It was a good game, England mostly controled the game first half and had a deserved lead. A strange passage of about 5 minutes overtime at the end of the half where Wales got a penalty to give then some hope. England went to sleep at the start of second half and Wales scored a good try. We responded with a good try of our own, game done. Wales put us under a lot of pressure at the end making us go down to 13 men, so we managed the game as best we could but couldn't stop Wales scoring a couple of tries. Good match, England just about deserved winners

Good game marred by some over zealous refereeing.

Alun Wyn-Jones cheating is on Bournemouth and Burnley levels of shithousing but he gets away with it while Lawes, Itoje, Genge and Tuilagi got pinged.

England when they use their power are a much better team and rolled Wales over easily. Kicked away possession for territory too much yesterday.

Did I mention the ref was shite?

It was a good game, England mostly controled the game first half and had a deserved lead. A strange passage of about 5 minutes overtime at the end of the half where Wales got a penalty to give then some hope. England went to sleep at the start of second half and Wales scored a good try. We responded with a good try of our own, game done. Wales put us under a lot of pressure at the end making us go down to 13 men, so we managed the game as best we could but couldn't stop Wales scoring a couple of tries. Good match, England just about deserved winners

Mainly agree with this but have to say that the try by Wales at the start of the 2nd half was not just good, it was superb.

England won by only 3 points in the end, despite the efforts of the referee. His inconsistency was disgraceful and his inexperience showed through with England being the main sufferers in a game of rugby that was marred in the end by his 'interpretation'.

Interesting...

Scotland doing England a rather big favour and are deservedly ahead against France. Red card in this game as well. If you are going to get sent off, might as well do it properly and absolutely twat an opponent on the chin with a decent haymaker.

Sorry about this mate. We saw the queue in the London and sacked it off and went to Riley's (which worked out perfectly tbf). Tried messaging you but the SMS wouldn't go through.

PS get WhatsApp :)

Interesting...

Scotland doing England a rather big favour and are deservedly ahead against France. Red card in this game as well. If you are going to get sent off, might as well do it properly and absolutely twat an opponent on the chin with a decent haymaker.

Was a very good game up to then. He was a dick to do it and deserved a red, but it’s ruined the game.

I got served in about ten minutes in the London and then had my pint and sacked it off as you had all disappeared. The Hog was lunacy. Not a problem in the bigger scheme of things as I had to be home straight after the rugby anyway.

Was a very good game up to then. He was a dick to do it and deserved a red, but it’s ruined the game.

Scotland number 6 was rather naughty and got a punch for it. Surprised he didn't get a yellow as well.

Another try for Scotland and France now seem to be giving away a penalty at every contact.

Should be England’a title if we ever get to play Italy.

Feel for France a bit, they’ve been the best team by far.

Precisely. Unless they cancel the November internationals to create the fixture space, but that is moolah that the Unions are going to be expecting.

Does Tualagi's red card roll over to the Autumn Internationals?

I think he is suspended for a set number of weeks, which will now be domestically rather than international. I could be wrong, but I am fairly sure that is how it works.

Back