• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Tune: Bella Ciao

We've got Julen
We've got Julen
At the Mol,at the Mol, at the Molineux
He's a Wanderer from Espana
He's a Wanderer through and through

A proper sensible decision by the club. I wonder who made it? I assume it was Jorge.

Anyhow - most exciting managerial appointment in my lifetime. Can’t wait for JL to sort out his mess and play some ‘proper’ football that makes our opponents take us seriously (defensive, attacking, a mixture I don’t mind, just organised and well thought out).

Need to see the back of Scott on the 14 th to confirm things are going to change!

My username takes on a whole new meaning now. Welcome Julen. The right appointment, just at not quite the right time but hope remains that something can be salvaged from this season and maybe a half decent cup run to help perhaps.

It's a big immediate job for him. I think he'll do it though.

The kind of appointment in terms of calibre we needed to make 18 months ago, not a massive unnecessary downgrade, but what's done is done. Hopefully that doesn't cost us as I can't see Lopetegui having anything to do with the Championship. If we get away with it then everything we had in 2019/20 is back up for grabs.

Not going to brag about this, but check out post #22,858 on the general wolves news thread, all you unbelievers bow down to me and my mighty #ITK

Can't completely wipe out the awful leadership we've endured for months but a sensible appointment and could very easily get us back to where we were pre-Covid given time.

Hopefully we're not too far adrift of the pack by the time he gets in the hot seat proper, and I'm looking forward to seeing some organisation, an actual plan and a boost for the players and crowd.

Welcome! this shouldn't really paper over the cracks of the shambolic leadership weve had over the last few months but its about as good as step as we could make under the circumstances I think.

We could really do with a win in the next two, Julen has a hell of a baptism of fire with United, City, and Liverpool in his first six games.

Everton - A
Man Utd - H
Villa - A
West Ham - H
Man City - A
Liverpool - H

At least we immediately weaken Everton with Coady ineligible (I think, Scott probably waived it) Villa an unknown quality and West Ham unpredictable so there are points to be won but we're going to need a fairly instant improvement.

It's Prem rule that loan players can't play against their parent club (or at least it was very recently)?

I've always found it odd that it's allowed elsewhere, Courtois against Chelsea in the CL final a good example of it being strange.

It's Prem rule that loan players can't play against their parent club (or at least it was very recently)?

I've always found it odd that it's allowed elsewhere, Courtois against Chelsea in the CL final a good example of it being strange.
I take the opposite view. If you don't deem them good enough to play for you they should be allowed to play against you, with the side who have him deciding if he's mentally right for it or not. If you look at Palace last year, Chelsea got to play them twice without their best player whilst he played against everyone else

Back