• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

We can finally get back to singing about Neves without mumbling the fourth verse.

Now come on SkyBet pay me my fucking money.

The song will actually be accurate as well. More accurate than the initial version infact.

Whilst reading many of the 'What you'll get with Lopetegui' links, it seems clear that much of his success (and then by transfer) and ours, will be that the team will learn and KNOW their own individual roles, it won't matter if a player is injured, the sub will just slot straight in, there will be a system that helps us play better in all areas, but the downside is there's little or no room for creativity.
Now, I'm not sure if any of our boys have a creative bone in their right foot, but I really do think that knitting this group of fearful, nervous and uncoordinated individuals, is what'll get us out of this Lage mess. And the sooner it all gets learned the better.
Personally, I can't wait.
Personally, I'm fed up with reading that our attitude is shit, our management is shit, Guedes is shit, our tactics are shit, Large was shit (soooo many times!) Jeff is shit, Davis is shit and so on ad infinitum.
Personally I'm a glass is full and overflowing type of bloke, so here's to the next 3 or 4 months.

Not going down the defending route as it feels like a gamble they have got away with but it does feel as if JL was 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice. Comments out there include us saying we will wait when JL said not yet.
Not sure if it was to try and show a desire to employ a manager after it to persuade us they were on it. We could have employed someone quite easily in Martins or even Nuno. The approach for Beale is looking like it was a bit half arsed and when you read the many comments from Beale we didn't put a proper offer his way (by this I mean what he would control, possibly keeping Scott as the man in charge of transfers, coaching staff decided by the club etc). It looks like we settled on him but only if he was more than a yes man than Bruno (a ban of big talk outside of transfer windows etc), yet we were prepared the spend £1M on doing this. so a manager search that wasnt proper for some shit attempt at looking competent.
All that off the back of thinking JL would be open to start work in January ....he then drops us a message early on.
Huge gamble that looks like it somehow came off.

The big test now is what happens next. Are we keeping the structure above JL or will we rip it up and attempt to get a similar set up before Darymple and KT left us.
Jeff has his skills....just not as a glorified DoF. Drop that shit and get people who know how to do their job and more importantly no more fooking yes men. Jeff will learn more in 3 months of working with people who know their stuff than 12 years with a bunch of "yes boss, great idea boss" types

I think this is pretty spot on. I wouldn't be surprised if part of Beale's reluctance was that he was very much second choice and he knew it. It was Jeff and co hitting the panic button.

Welcome Julen.

I hope you can bring us what we want both in the short term and the long term. :)

Reading that, seems like we’ve wanted him, he’s wanted to come here, just never quite aligned on the path, we needed a manager, he’s in work, we had Nuno, he was out of work, perhaps Bruno was only supposed to be a seat warmer until julen arrived, but we cocked the last bit up by taking too long

His website is interesting, particularly his football philosophy. Click one of the icons on My football to read that.
I certainly think he's the right appointment. Hopefully he can turn it around pretty sharpish.

His website is interesting, particularly his football philosophy. Click one of the icons on My football to read that.
I certainly think he's the right appointment. Hopefully he can turn it around pretty sharpish.

Thanks for that. I like that it's already updated with Wolves on there.

Seems a thoughtful and accomplished coach, still not sure about that centre-parting/fringe thing though

Thanks for that. I like that it's already updated with Wolves on there.

Seems a thoughtful and accomplished coach, still not sure about that centre-parting/fringe thing though
I'll live with it if it's his only flaw! 😅

Apologies if I've missed this... Is the coaching team that's supposedly arriving before JL this week his usual team that were at Sevilla?

Hopefully this will turn us somewhat around and can still save something of this season.

Sure I read they were arriving today?

Don't mind admitting I'm rather excited this week and can't wait for them to start rocking up this week and also Julen's first presser to hear his thoughts and plans. There are already links to players emerging too. After a year or so of really underwhelming Lage shit it feels great to have a top manager here again that virtually all of us are on board with

Back