• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Mom had to have xray yesterday as she still can't put her foot fully to the floor. She was also confused, seeing things and looks so frail in that bed. She thought I was the Dr. Hate seeing her like this :(

Christ this totally heatbreaking. Fantastic writing and incredibly brave

The other half has just come back from Cheltenham to see him talk about this. She's returned in a somewhat delicate emotional state....

One of the little kids in my daughter's class (9 year olds) has been subject to bullying.
He's the brightest, funniest, chattyiest little kid you could wish to meet.
Now has gone quiet, doesn't like school any more and his spark is greatly diminished.
Actions are being taken.
But he's 9 for fuck's sake!
Schools.... worse than the jungle.

Not just schools. My eldest great grandaughter has experienced bullying at her gymnastics classes. She went from couldn't wait to go every Friday to not wanting to go because her fellow 'classmates' telling her she wasn't good enough. Fortunately a chat with the club has nipped it in the bud.

Permitted by government now the UK doesn't have to answer to the EU...

Permitted by government now the UK doesn't have to answer to the EU...
Ha, Irish water doesn’t have a scooby about how much sewage it spills. Spoiler - it’s a fucking shit load.

Ha, Irish water doesn’t have a scooby about how much sewage it spills. Spoiler - it’s a fucking shit load.
Correct! Where I live my house is about 10 feet above sea level. So all the sewage pipes from my road and all the houses around me drain into the main drain which runs down the Golf Course Road to the pumping station.
It has long been acknowledged that it is undersized and not fit for purpose.
There is a small river /stream close to me which flows out into the River Boyne about a half mile away.
Because of fairly serious flooding about 20 years ago they built a seagate near the river this stops the sea flowing upstream but allows swollen river water out.
But the thing is, that in times of heavy and prolonged rain everything backs up and the pump station cant cope, so they have permission to turn the built up sewerage out across the gorgeous blue flag beach into the sea.
Look! Press this button, turn this valve and it all goes away!

S
Correct! Where I live my house is about 10 feet above sea level. So all the sewage pipes from my road and all the houses around me drain into the main drain which runs down the Golf Course Road to the pumping station.
It has long been acknowledged that it is undersized and not fit for purpose.
There is a small river /stream close to me which flows out into the River Boyne about a half mile away.
Because of fairly serious flooding about 20 years ago they built a seagate near the river this stops the sea flowing upstream but allows swollen river water out.
But the thing is, that in times of heavy and prolonged rain everything backs up and the pump station cant cope, so they have permission to turn the built up sewerage out across the gorgeous blue flag beach into the sea.
Look! Press this button, turn this valve and it all goes away!
See here:

Post in thread 'Things that make you SAD thread.'
https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/things-that-make-you-sad-thread.20491/post-1557787

Btw there is no magic button, it automatically designed to do so.

Well it's finally happened, the day I've been dreading all my life. Family asked for ideas for my upcoming birthday (and crimble). I've asked for slippers, FFS I'm officially an old fucker.

Mark me down as a slipper convert, coincidentally (or not) started after I turned 40.

It's the kind of thing I would ask for at Christmas these days as I hate that question. At least I know I'll use them.

Love slippers. If they were a decent pair, none of the cheap Matalan shite, I’d be happy with a pair for Christmas.

Back