• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Bird has flown into my window and broke it's neck. I think it's the mother of the 3 chicks in the nest by my window. Seems late in the season to be having chicks, but problem is I dont know what to :( and if they all die i'll never forgive meself :(

Bird has flown into my window and broke it's neck. I think it's the mother of the 3 chicks in the nest by my window. Seems late in the season to be having chicks, but problem is I dont know what to :( and if they all die i'll never forgive meself :(

Do I go round collecting worms and things , get up a ladder and feed them :mecry:

Life can be so cruel. I mentioned a few months back about a friend who had cancer. Amy had many sessions and was given the all clear. Today after further tests, Amy was informed she had multiple myeloma. So having beaten this horrible disease once, she must start her fight all over again. I feel so desperately sad for her.

Life can be so cruel. I mentioned a few months back about a friend who had cancer. Amy had many sessions and was given the all clear. Today after further tests, Amy was informed she had multiple myeloma. So having beaten this horrible disease once, she must start her fight all over again. I feel so desperately sad for her.
That is awful, Frank. Let's hope she can beat it again.

How high is the nest?

Oh wow, that is incredibly unfortunate for the poor girl, hopefully she can take some positives from the fact she's beaten it once.

Crossing my fingers Frank

Amy is back in hospital tomorrow. We have everything crossed for this very brave lady.

Just found out that a mate took his own life on Monday. Over the past year or so he has gone through a very messy divorce and has not been allowed to see his children for eight months or so. It is believed (amongst my groups of friends that is) that fighting for custody of them became too much. He was 34.

To me the concept of suicide is one I simply can't fathom, even more so now that I'm a father. The prospect of my son growing up without his dad is one of my biggest fears and this whole thing has left me a little shaken this morning.

His younger brothers and a few close friends are running the Birmingham Half Marathon in his memory, and have raised over £1500 on behalf of CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably).

Just thought I'd mention it.

News from home. Christ almighty. Love you Liv.

My nextdoor neighbour, a big, soft, gentle and private man who has very little money and whose wife died about 5 years ago, has a dog who is 17 years old.
Over the last week or three the dog's systems have been shutting down, can't walk, falls over, yelps when he tries to pick it up, has a lump that I think is a growth in it's belly, hasn't moved for two days, isn't eating....
His money came in this morning and he's taken it to the vet to get it checked out...

He's not expecting to bring it home...

My nextdoor neighbour, a big, soft, gentle and private man who has very little money and whose wife died about 5 years ago, has a dog who is 17 years old.
Over the last week or three the dog's systems have been shutting down, can't walk, falls over, yelps when he tries to pick it up, has a lump that I think is a growth in it's belly, hasn't moved for two days, isn't eating....
His money came in this morning and he's taken it to the vet to get it checked out...

He's not expecting to bring it home...

Sorry to read this WH. I swear i'm never gonna have anymore pets when anything happens to the ones i've got. It's far too upsetting when they leave us.

It's terribly upsetting, but the reason it's upsetting is because of the joy they bring us when they are here, I have a Cavalier King Charles who is now 14.5, which is very unusual for his breed. When his brother died at 8 I wept more than at any time in my adult life. When Jack goes I'll be in bits, but he's been a wonderful loving dog that has enriched the life of all the family so much

I've said it before on here, but burying our family dog was hands down one of the hardest things I've ever done.

My brother and me were reduced to blubbering messes.

Well....
He brought it home.
The vet said she has about a week or two at the most left in her.
She offered to put her to sleep, but he said "No, whilst she's not in pain she deserves a chance".
A chance at what I really don't know.
She can't walk, she's full of fluid apparently and is in pain but now has a week's supply of pain killers.
No quality of life whatsoever.

I'd have taken up her offer I'm afraid.

Back