• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Sue - you make it sound like a choice - as someone who is quite pessimistic, and catastrophises a lot, I would love to flick a switch and be optimistic.

I've been on antidepressants before, and it is bloody hard work to put into practice techniques to get you to a better place, and get off the pills.

Agreed, mental health problems will never receive the attention that's required while ignorant bigotry still exists.

Sue - you make it sound like a choice - as someone who is quite pessimistic, and catastrophises a lot, I would love to flick a switch and be optimistic.

I've been on antidepressants before, and it is bloody hard work to put into practice techniques to get you to a better place, and get off the pills.

The kind of people I was refering to was the kind that it's just in their nature to look on the gloomy side of things. Always thinking bad even though 9 times out of 10 things end up good for them. Friends that don't suffer with depression, or on pills, and don't suffer with mental health problems, but just in their nature to always see the downside before things/events have even happened. Sorry if you took offense, or I offended you.

The kind of people I was refering to was the kind that it's just in their nature to look on the gloomy side of things. Always thinking bad even though 9 times out of 10 things end up good for them. Friends that don't suffer with depression, or on pills, and don't suffer with mental health problems, but just in their nature to always see the downside before things/events have even happened. Sorry if you took offense, or I offended you.

Sue - you haven't offended me, but again I'm sure people who look on the gloomy side of things don't choose to do so - it's the way they are wired up. Our heritage makes us favour negativity, because it started out as a way of protecting ourselves in more primitive times - unfortunately, our brains have not advanced as much as our species has in other ways.

Those people that see the gloomy side of things are effectively suffering a form of mental health problem, and are probably depressed or anxious, just without a diagnosis.

Im currently in the middle of a 1 week training program, where half the class is failing and will end up failing the whole week. A mix of people in their 50's and people who have terrible English is to blame, yet I feel like it's my fault. I feel like I'm not doing a good job.

I had to have a 1 to 1 with a German lady in her 50's who moved all the way over from Germany for this contract, but she is guaranteed to fail training, meaning her contract will be terminated, and she was nearly crying, saying training is moving too fast etc.

At the end of the day, she has virtually no IT skills, she should never have been hired for the job, but it still makes me depressed when we have to tell them straight up, that they are at risk of losing their job.

Cheer yourself up by finding which gimp hired them in the first place and bitch slap them.

Yeah, I stormed over to recruitment earlier, after spending an hour after class yesterday trying to coach this lady.

Apparently German agents have high salary expectations, and this project is only a 6 month contract, with a below industry standard salary, so we are struggling to hire German speaking agents, so they send us shite and expect us to make it shiny.

I still can't help feeling responsible though......

" Do you ever shut up, zip it, give your arse a chance, or just have a quiet moment? "

:(

I have made mention of our friend Amy previously. She had cancer, had a leg amputated, but was given the all clear, and I was honoured to watch her walk down the aisle at her wedding. Today this wonderful lady was told she would have to have more treatment as the cancer has returned. We are just devastated, life is so cruel.

Life is beyond cruel when things like that happen David.

Truly saddened to read this Frankie.

Life is indeed very very cruel.

Cancer is just horrible and only evil people deserve it

No one deserves cancer you fucking prick.

chill, if we still have cancer around and not find a real cure(I hope we do of course), I'd rather hitler got it or some ISIS hotshot than a good person for example..

chill, if we still have cancer around and not find a real cure(I hope we do of course), I'd rather hitler got it or some ISIS hotshot than a good person for example..

Sorry mate. Over reaction on my part. I lost my mum to cancer recently. It was mercifully swift but nonetheless devastating. But you're wrong, I think. Victims want retribution.

Having lost my Dad & a 5yr old nephew to this wouldn't wish it on anyone - Hitler, a bit late for him though there are others (Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao - though again too late for them.)

Nobody deserves this whatever life they have lived - something else will finish them off. We are hopefully coming into a time when we have a real answer to this

No. just NO!
I lost my mum and dad to cancer recently, within a year of ecah other, and my concerns are that we cure it, not divert it to morons. It's a totally shit disease, and shouldn't happen to anyone.

cure please, NOW!!!

Back