• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham (A) - 16/5/21 - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wasn't a conversation about players who have moved position, it was about those who were established and good at one position and then playing another at the same level or better. Like Raul at left back would need to be

Didn't Spurs have a CB/ST as well? Gary someone?

This wasn't a conversation about players who have moved position, it was about those who were established and good at one position and then playing another at the same level or better. Like Raul at left back would need to be
If ninety or so first team games and the thick end of thirty goals playing for a team at the top of the Premier League doesn't mean you are "established" and "good", then I don't know what metric is desired here.

Shrug.

If ninety or so first team games and the thick end of thirty goals playing for a team at the top of the Premier League doesn't mean you are "established" and "good", then I don't know what metric is desired here.
You are suggesting Paul Scholes played 90 games and scored 30 goals for United as a forward? If that's true then my memory is scarily shot

Dion Dublin then but someone probably already said him.

Phillip Lahm used to turn out in midfield a fair bit I think

Dublin was a way better forward than centre half. The only ones I'm having so far are McGrath, Ward and Burns

For years, in the 60s, I thought Dave Woodfield was Wolves best uncapped CH, then suddenly he had a few games at CF, scoring a hat-trick in his first game.

Chris Sutton was a centre half. IIRC I saw him play for England u21’s there. Paul Warhurst another.

Edit: Although I’m not supporting Freds theory.

It's threads like this that make me wonder where Kenny played during his Sunday league days.

I'm sure he mentioned he was a utility player once.

Last edited:
It's threads like this that make me wonder where Kenny played during his Sunday league days.

I'm sure he mentioned he was a utility player once.
16 mins to edit to make the ignore joke work. Poor work sir

(Paul will be a long in a min to repeat this...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back