• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham (A) 20/8 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd keep podence and swap Hwang for guedes.

I don't think Nunes will start, moutinho might start depending on his fitness as he missed most of pre-season.

Semedo might start but could see him coming on as sub again.

Even if we don't get our strongest first XI due to fitness, the changes we're able to make now are decent ones.

Not for me, he's been poor so far this season and in a game where we are likely to be under pressure at times and need outlets, Podence is completely ineffective when he is receiving the ball nearer our goal.

Sa
Jonny Collins Kilman Ait Nouri
Donk Neves Nunes
MGW Guedes Neto

Is what I'd go for, dominate the midfield and target the space in behind their Wide CBs.

Nunes has to start. Leave Podence on the bench and play Guedes in 433. I’m fine with it being Donck if Moutinho is not fit (wants more legs), but he should be fit as he only missed a week and has been training all week.

Whilst it's really bloody exciting to have a player that should improve us dramatically. We still haven't solved the goals issue, i hope i'm wrong, but i still don't expect to see a huge improvement until that's addressed.

Whilst it's really bloody exciting to have a player that should improve us dramatically. We still haven't solved the goals issue, i hope i'm wrong, but i still don't expect to see a huge improvement until that's addressed.

I do. As I said a few days ago, we don't miss various sitters per game. If anything we produce too few shooting chances from good positions. Nunes should help raise the tempo and make us much less predictable.

We'll become less predictable for sure, but until we become more clinical, we won't see a huge uplift in goals scored long term.

And we did miss sitters against Fulham (for example). Neto, Podence and MGW should all score comfortably.

Attack! Attack! Attack!

.......................... Sa

Semedo - Collins - Kilman - RAN

........ Nunes - Neves - Moutinho

......... MGW - Guedes - Neto

Subs:
Sarkic
Boly
Gomes
Jonny
Donk
Cundle
Traore
Podence
Hwang

We'll become less predictable for sure, but until we become more clinical, we won't see a huge uplift in goals scored long term.

And we did miss sitters against Fulham (for example). Neto, Podence and MGW should all score comfortably.

I can forgive Neto a little, he's not expecting the keeper to drop the ball to him after collecting it so he's took a bad touch.

However we didn't create that, we've created 2 chances ourselves that should have been finished in 180 mins of football. We need to be creating 2/3 times that in reality.

It could potentially have a huge effect. Agreed we are pretty toothless currently, but we don’t create a glut of chances. If nunes helps us create more, then you’d expect to see the end number increase. We are currently expecting our players to put away every good chance because we create so few of them.

Sa

Jonny(if semedo fit then fine) Collins kilman AIT (or Jonny or semedo plays
Neves nunes
Guedes MGW Neto
Hwang

I'm not sure about 433, i think 4231 would suit the personnel better. But i'm looking forward to being proven wrong.

Depends who you think our best 11 players are. Out of the front 6, Neves, Nunes, Neto and Guedes are probably the shoe ins and then Raul the only option up front. So it’s whether you think Moutinho is going to be better than Podence/MGW and offer the balance you want. I’d say yes 100/100. But in the games you want to go with the extra attacker play MGW instead of Moutinho.

I think if that is the case, we may look for another central midfielder who can play box to box. That would explain the links to Almeida this morning too.

Leaves Raul, NEW, Neto, Guedes, Podence, Hwang & Adama for the front three. I don't want to see Podence playing as a #10, he's too lightweight for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back