• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TWF favourite 3 spectator sports other than football

And the number of defenders between the ball and attacker, and when the goalkeeper counts as one, etc.

And the number of defenders between the ball and attacker, and when the goalkeeper counts as one, etc.

You mean there needs to be at least 2 players between the player and the goal. Not really that complex is it.

Not easy to cut it down to three, but most forms of Motorsport are up there - and F1 used to be above football for a while but that's drifted off now.

Snooker I'll also watch happily, and have seen an O'Sullivan 147 in person with the only game I'll probably ever attend - if you watch back the 2007 UK Semi-Final, the person in the Wolves top is me :) (you can see me when he goes down for the last blue ball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iRZFJsErqw)

And triathlon I'm a big fan of as well. But I could list another 10 sports and on a given day they could all be favourites behind Motorsports and Football.

Athletics
Golf
Tennis

I used to watch a lot of cricket and Snooker, but less so these days. Not a fan of F1 at all.

Love playing golf but cannot stand watching it. I struggle to watch playing partners shots if I'm in a fourball

You mean there needs to be at least 2 players between the player and the goal. Not really that complex is it.
Or none if they're behind the ball. Also what body parts count as offside. Also that it doesn't apply in the defensive half.

The point is that it's got way more to it than just "stay behind the ball".

Darts and F1 that is all for me after Football.

Not easy to cut it down to three, but most forms of Motorsport are up there - and F1 used to be above football for a while but that's drifted off now.

Snooker I'll also watch happily, and have seen an O'Sullivan 147 in person with the only game I'll probably ever attend - if you watch back the 2007 UK Semi-Final, the person in the Wolves top is me :) (you can see me when he goes down for the last blue ball https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iRZFJsErqw)

And triathlon I'm a big fan of as well. But I could list another 10 sports and on a given day they could all be favourites behind Motorsports and Football.

Surely the only blue ball for a 147?

Horse Racing
Cricket
Motorbikes

I only really watch Wolves and a bit of horse racing these days though. Watching sport bores me really.

Cricket on a level with football
Tennis sometimes
Think that's it! I'm not fussed about most sports.

Cycling (road rather than track, although I will happily watch both - the TDF is my favourite event of the year outside Wolves matches)
Cricket
Darts (in line with the snooker willy-waving, I USED to be quite good but have regressed so much that Quirk regularly beats me now :mecry: )

F1
Le Mans et al
Rugby union.

Cricket would be in at 4.

National Hunt
F1
Rugby Union

F1 would have been top of the pile irrespective of football, but the Sky pay wall has put the shackles on that.

Tennis very close behind Rugby , its hard to top a Big Four duel at the slams. Astonishing consistency.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

This thread has just made me realise that I'm not really much of a sports fan! I love football but the only other sport I can think of that I could enjoy watching would probably be golf and I never watch any as it's never on terrestrial TV.

I have absolutely no interest in F1, snooker, darts, rugby, NFL, horse racing, boxing or cricket. In fact I would go as far as to say I dislike several of those listed.

I’d say if there was a dislike list Tennis and F1 would be very much top of my list tried watching both never been able to enjoy either.

Im a sport fanatic, watch a lot of different ones..really cant choose three beside football..
Started watching snooker when jimmy white and Steve Davis were good..

In no particular order

Athletics
Golf
Tennis
F1
Snooker
Hockey
American Football

Probably forgotten about many that i watch now but there you go..

NFL
Cricket
Rugby
with F1 close behind along with the final day of the Ryder Cup as long as it's close

Cricket
Darts
Snooker

Just gone with what I spend most of my non-football time watching because determining preference will take forever and change day by day. There aren't many relatively mainstream (so taking out equestrian, water polo, speedway, netball etc) sports that I don't watch. Never had any interest in horse racing, cycling isn't for me even though I understand the appeal and I don't like rugby league. Oh and NFL, I've tried, not my bag I'm afraid. But I do like baseball and ice hockey.

I'm not sure I'll ever determine if I like football or cricket more. Fortunately it isn't a competition.

Anything you can do with a fag and pint in your hand is not a sport it's a game. On a par with tiddlywinks or chess...

Back