• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TWF POTS

Who you got

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dawson for me, but not on the list. Without him we have crumbled at times. Massively underrated IMO.

Honourable mentions for Cunha, Kilman, Ait Nouri, Lemina, Sa, Semedo, Gomes who have all done very well.

Last edited:
Dawson for me, but not on the list. Without him we have crumbled at times. Massively underrated IMO.

Honourable mentions for Cunha, Kilman, Ait Nouri, Lemina, Sa, Semedo, Gomes who have all done very well.
I didn't think he'd be anyone's choice, but I've added him on for you

Last edited:
Surprised that RAN hasn't got a vote. He is arguably our most sellable asset after his performances this season.
I suppose it depends if you are choosing how the player has performed over the whole season

Surprised that RAN hasn't got a vote. He is arguably our most sellable asset after his performances this season.
In a lot of previous seasons he'd have been up there, its just we've had a good year (despite our tail off) with more than usual individual quality performances.

I've ended up going with Cunha as I think we're legitimately 2 or 3 table positions better (in that ideal, eye-test kind of way) when he plays.

If I was trying to rank it'd be:
Lemina
Cunha
---
Gomes
RAN
---
Semedo
Hwang
Dawson
Sa

Everyone else has had average or inconsistent seasons. Neto would be in one of the two top tiers if he played more, we saw him so little.

If I was trying to rank it'd be:
Lemina
Cunha
---
Gomes
RAN
---
Semedo
Hwang
Dawson
Sa

Everyone else has had average or inconsistent seasons. Neto would be in one of the two top tiers if he played more, we saw him so little.
I’m surprised you or others think Dawson has had an above average or consistent season. For me he’s one of the few players whose better football was demonstrably under Lopetegui. That could be because of age or fitness rather than coaching, but if you judged him on this season alone, well it’s nowhere near the mark of his great impact in the previous one.

He's been pretty good IMO and we've missed him when he's been out but his flaws are obvious to see and far too easily exploited.

We miss him when he doesn't play. Coventry wouldn't have played us off the park if he'd been there organising. As much a comment on our other centre halves as him. If it's the same next season our recruitment has failed, he's perfect for the hold ot together for the last 10 minutes and cover injuries and suspensions role.

I’m surprised you or others think Dawson has had an above average or consistent season. For me he’s one of the few players whose better football was demonstrably under Lopetegui. That could be because of age or fitness rather than coaching, but if you judged him on this season alone, well it’s nowhere near the mark of his great impact in the previous one.
I mean by then you're getting into 7th/8th best territory on a team, so not like it's a glowing endorsement but yeah I think he's had an above average season and is our best CB, even if overall he didn't have as a good a performance as last season.

I don't think the other CBs have been "bad" (except Kilman as leader, he's not one), just not better. Performance wise, I'm actually struggling to think or a regular you'd classify as having a bad season. Doc maybe, but that feels like punching down at this stage.

Whether some of these squad players are what we need if we want to go forward, that is the tricky part.

Dawson limits what we can do with the formation and set up just as much as Kilman does. They can only play in a back four if you have two midfielders sat right in front of them and at least one full back who pretty much never attacks. Together in a pair at the start of the season it looked horrendous and we leaked goals everywhere.

Both are fine to have in a squad where you can switch shape to suit the opposition and/or match situation, albeit you would still always take the money for Kilman that was on the table last year as that was plain stupid.

Personally I think all our late Summer signings have been average to poor for a variety of reasons. Not one makes our best 11.

Dawson limits what we can do with the formation and set up just as much as Kilman does. They can only play in a back four if you have two midfielders sat right in front of them and at least one full back who pretty much never attacks. Together in a pair at the start of the season it looked horrendous and we leaked goals everywhere.

Both are fine to have in a squad where you can switch shape to suit the opposition and/or match situation, albeit you would still always take the money for Kilman that was on the table last year as that was plain stupid.
LL reckons Toti is worth £25m, if he is then besides the fact I'm clueless, then him for that and Kilman for £35m would be my first sales of the Summer.

I mean by then you're getting into 7th/8th best territory on a team, so not like it's a glowing endorsement but yeah I think he's had an above average season and is our best CB, even if overall he didn't have as a good a performance as last season.

I don't think the other CBs have been "bad" (except Kilman as leader, he's not one), just not better. Performance wise, I'm actually struggling to think or a regular you'd classify as having a bad season. Doc maybe, but that feels like punching down at this stage.

Whether some of these squad players are what we need if we want to go forward, that is the tricky part.
I'd class Bellegarde as having a bad season, I'm not his biggest fan. The Bueno's have been distinctly average when called upon as well but probably not crossing over into 'bad' territory.

There were some really good performances by Dawson earlier in the season, and I'm convinced we'd have beaten Coventry and still be in a chance of Europe if he hadn't have got injured.

Man City at home he was outstanding, he was also excellent against Spurs, Chelsea and Albion.

LL reckons Toti is worth £25m, if he is then besides the fact I'm clueless, then him for that and Kilman for £35m would be my first sales of the Summer.
I like Toti but in the context of him costing ~£500k and giving absolutely everything (plus the only one of our current four CHs who has any ability to turn at pace). I don't think he's worth anything like that kind of money but then I did hear someone mention that Wee Liam has also said Joe Hodge is worth £5m, so y'know.

Back