• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa 1 - Wolves 1 Verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
A comprehensive win (even if the stats show it as a draw)

Costa MoTM, with Hause doing better than I expected after being out of the team for so long

Villa not especially impressive - should have finished with 10 men & no points

A comprehensive win (even if the stats show it as a draw)

Costa MoTM, with Hause doing better than I expected after being out of the team for so long

Villa not especially impressive - should have finished with 10 men & no points

Close the thread he has nailed it!

Expect that ref will be doing a match down Bantock Park next week. Two astonishing non decisions where he was perfectly placed.

Let's hope we can take that performance forward to Tuesday night.

Thought Villa made us look a lot better than we were tonight. They are completely fucking wank.

Villa were so poor! Haven't been that angry with a ref since the 3-3 with Spurs in the Prem. Not always been convinced by Hause but he was superb. We need to start Dicko Tuesday.

Offered me a point before the game I'd have taken it, but sat here now I'm absolutely gutted we haven't won that.
Second half was just a seige, I'm certain had Chester have gone when he should have we'd have gone on to win that game.
It's one of the most incompetent referring displays I've seen, even the little things he got wrong.
It remember Batth was in possession of the ball by the corner flag holding of a Villa player and free kick was given for Villa.
Continuous stopping of the game when advantages should be played.
Second half was excellent dominated midfield and reduced villa to not having a single attempt on goal, I actually we were the better side first half.
Reality is had we have been more clinical we wouldn't be moaning about the ref.

Iorfa had a mare but Hause and Batth were solid.

Saiss was excellent, broke up play and played some great long passes forwards.

Coady didn't do a lot first half but played some good stuff in the second.

Edwards was disappointing overall, worked hard and movement was good but he's still got the technique of a 3 legged horse on the ball.

Costa motm but first half showed that he needs to improve his final ball and not always cut in on his left foot.

Dicko looked sharp I thought when he came on.

On another day we win that comfortably, ref was crap and cost us a penalty and the opportunity to play against 10 men. Overall very encouraging and shows that the players have it in them they just need to play like that more consistently.

I bet Frank is looking forward to logging on to read about the game.......

Woke up nice and early for this one, and was not disappointed in the end!

First half was average. Think Walter got the selection wrong, Prince as a left winger didn't really work. Both penalties were nailed on. Thought Chester's handball would have been harsh but have definitely seen them given.

Second half was really really good! Should have had another penalty when Richards came through the back of Jon Dadi. Grealish would have walked if any of the refereeing team had seen his kick/stamp. Chester should have been sent off for a second booking too. Not a good day for the ref...

That said, we should have won anyway. We had the chances, and didn't take them. Taking Costa off really knocked us back too as he was on fire. He must have been properly blowing or have taken a serious knock.

Overall, averaged over the 90 minutes, I think everyone in gold and black (even Coady, Edwards, Doherty...) had at least a 7/10 performance, with the exception of Prince (not really his fault) and Iorfa. Lots of positives.

Only concerns:
Why can't we play like that 2nd half over the whole game?!
Bod needs to start sticking it the net frequently.

Some great individual performances and overall a great team effort.

Penalties overlooked for sure, the Bod one especially. Interesting that the ref didn't give the handball when Stearman was punished when we played Burton....where's the consistency?

Chester....100% should have walked and Grealish stamp on Coady should have been dealt with.

Costa was brilliant!

Dicko needs minutes on the pitch - you can see it coming & he he is getting in good positions, just not fully there yet

Just play him & it will come back

Thought coady played well today, helped keep us tight at the back, plus added a bit of bite too.

Well I manged to find a stream for the second half, and clearly I need to get into training to watch wolves live, I’m a nervous wreck and totally shattered, but based on the second half only my instant thoughts are…….

Danny Baath, sorry but if we do get to the prem he will be a liability, he’s got no real pace, no great positional sense and is basically a hoofer. Baath playing it out from the back made my nerves jangle.

I was impressed with Hause especially with his lack of first team game time, Doc was ok if not lucky on one or two occassions, and the Iorfa I have been reading about for two years astonished me. Often caught out of position, seemed sluggish and got forward only to run out if ideas.

I rate Saiss on the second half alone, reads the game, gets a foot in and his passing is sublime when the right opportunity presents itself.

I think I understand the job Edwards is given, basically run around a lot and harrass when you can, he got behind them once or twice and could have scored, but we surely have better options.

I thought Coady did a decent job, and had to cover for Iorfa quite a lot.

Still not sure about Prince, but Costa is out of this world, depite the odd wanky end ball.

I think bod is out of this world too, even though he had a quietish game I think for him, and Cavaliero seems to be still finding his feet in the chumps.

The thought of a fully fit Dicko playing alongside Bod gives me a hard on.

Great second half, took Villa apart and with a real referee that was game over, the worst decision being Chester on Costa which was a red card anyday of the week. They should have finished with nine men at best.

MOT (second half) M Costa.

Oh and by the way, I would so love to slap that little shit Grealish, a detestable specimen.

Reality is had we have been more clinical we wouldn't be moaning about the ref.

Sorry that's not true. If we had won by a few I would still complain about that ref.'s performance as he didn't do his job properly.

Prince is better than he showed today Pav, but he's not a left sided player & shouldn't be out there.

Play him through the middle if you are going to have him on the pitch (though still not sure that he is the real deal yet)

We were decent first half but excellent second. Just missed that bit of luck or clinical finishing. We are getting close to a good side, hopefully a couple more weeks together will get us there.
Costa MoM for us with mentions for Hause, Batth and the maligned Coast.
MoM for Villa was the ref by a mile. He really was shit.

Sorry that's not true. If we had won by a few I would still complain about that ref.'s performance as he didn't do his job properly.

He didn't but it feels a bit more annoying when you don't win.

Back