• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa 2-3 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I don't know how you'd personally define a 'saviour' then, but people aghast they're not playing, and even intimating it's a blunder that leads to the sack, ticks the boxes for me.

I'm not particularly a Marcal fan, but Bruno is hardly the first Wolves manager to have a blind spot for a player this forum doesn't fancy. RAN will get his chance, if he's as good as we think he is.

We've played 8 league games, you can't tell me Bruno isn't still sussing things out. He probably wants to see things play out for himself, he's not going to read TWF for tips.

Criticism and analysis is fine, but let him manage and develop FFS, we're 8th in the league
This ^^^

For a team in our position,with the change in management and style and the shite transfer window we have had, winning ugly as we did today should be applauded.
We got nothing from our first 3 games where we played well and deserved something. Today we deserved nothing and got something- brilliant!

It doesn't paper over the cracks, Bruno got lucky today but he deserved a break after the start to the season we had.

Nah, that's just not true. We've been notification poor with lots of parts of our game since the the you mention.

Running off the ball, pressing as a unit, depth on the pitch and keeping the ball have all got worse as a whole but in patches look good.

I have noticed that when Bruno first started our third person running was excellent, since Watford is been non-existent. That's not an accident.

Today's news of a formation and the insistence of playing Marçal have nothing to do with the other teams you've mentioned.
as I said I think it is partly down to our paperthin squad, we cant press like that with the lack of players we have

If Lage manages to stumble his way to January getting something like 25 points from 20 games we at least should back him properly in the window and give him the squad he wants.

I don't think anybody is saying RAN is the saviour. He doesn't need to be - he just needs to be marginally better than shite. I'm pretty sure he'll give that a good go

It just seems an odd thing for people to focus on after a really spirited win and a very good points haul over the last five games.

How many games has RAN even played for us at wing back? Most of his games last season were at full back weren't they? He has some positive attributes but we're not talking about much on the pitch evidence.

It just seems an odd thing for people to focus on after a really spirited win and a very good points haul over the last five games.

How many games has RAN even played for us at wing back? Most of his games last season were at full back weren't they? He has some positive attributes but we're not talking about much on the pitch evidence.
It's not just after the won though, it's been fairly consistent for weeks. Marcal isn't working well, and we have one of Europe's most highly rated young LWBs on the bench. It's not a weird suggestion that we consider the change

It's not just after the won though, it's been fairly consistent for weeks. Marcal isn't working well, and we have one of Europe's most highly rated young LWBs on the bench. It's not a weird suggestion that we consider the change
Indeed, a player that played 20 odd times for us last season in that precise position and in his one appearance this season looks a hundred times better than the utter shite that is Marçal.

It was noticeably that when Adama went to LWB (after Cash went off) that good running from deep and attacking Konsa pushed Villa back. Something we had none of when Marçal was on the pitch.

I don't think it's anything to do with that Fred.
I think it is one bit of it, small squad, high press/intensity, running off the ball with just a few midfielders, tight schedule with many internationals also..but, of course I could be wrong

Certainly not, but for me it's the same as preferring Boly over Saiss, or Podence over Adama. It's a selection preference, which we all have.

Pick your team on the matchday thread. The manager doesn't go with your preference, not a big deal.

That's all it is with Marcal. Bruno fancies him at the moment, most of us don't. No need to make it more than that, no need to over-hype RAN, no need to equate RAN with Raul in terms of importance.

Certainly not, but for me it's the same as preferring Boly over Saiss, or Podence over Adama. It's a selection preference, which we all have.

Pick your team on the matchday thread. The manager doesn't go with your preference, not a big deal.

That's all it is with Marcal. Bruno fancies him at the moment, most of us don't. No need to make it more than that, no need to over-hype RAN, no need to equate RAN with Raul in terms of importance
I disagree Boly/Saiss is a judgement call on who you think is the better player, but ultimately whichever you pick will play lch and not affect the way we play outside of their own individual performance.

Lage is playing 3 centre halves because he doesn't have a 2 he trusts and 2/3 DM's because it's the only midfield options he has. That means it's essential the wing backs can make an impact creatively otherwise you are relying on your front 2/3 creating everything for themselves or set pieces. Neither Marcal or Semedo are effective enough in that role. On the right we don't really have an alternative in as much as I don't think Hoever would be an improvement as like Semedo he's also a right rather than wing back, but on the left RAN could make a really positive difference. Perhaps he's a dickhead, doesn't try in training etc, but if not he'd make a significant improvement to how we attack sides and should be given a chance

Lage is playing 3 centre halves because he doesn't have a 2 he trusts and 2/3 DM's because it's the only midfield options he has. That means it's essential the wing backs can make an impact creatively otherwise you are relying on your front 2/3 creating everything for themselves or set pieces. Neither Marcal or Semedo are effective enough in that role.

Both WB'S weren't cavalier under Nuno, Jonny played more conservatively and Doc bombed forward. Marcal is a cheap, experienced backup. He's there to be steady, not create. It isn't his fault big buy Semedo has zero end product.

The fuck is the goal keeping coach getting involved in attacking set pieces for?

Fuck man I know it's mostly irrational but he pisses me off so much. Bellowing instructions out during the game and stuff. Back in your box, glove monkey.
Carry on I say, we scored 3 goals from attacking set pieces today.

Back