• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We are Premier League

Match experience is invaluable Punts and it would be Norris's league debut so that's a huge personal milestone for him.

I get that, but not sure a few “friendlies” at the back end of the season is that valuable to him. Particularly when Ruddy will want to be an ever present and he must be close to some kind of clean sheet record.

Norris’s time will come. Maybe not in too dissimilar fashion so Nick Pope. Reserve goalkeeper to an old ex international at a PL club, only for the first choice to get injured so that you can showcase your skills.

Record clean sheets for level 2 is 26, so Ruddy can't equal that with 22 currently

The record is 25 which we can match but not beat so I don't see the point in superfluous records in the place of giving players experience to benefit them as players and the club as assets.

Edit: TT beats me to it.

Ruddy has already broken the Wolves record for clean sheets.

Ruddy has already broken the Wolves record for clean sheets.
Our record is 28, held by Kendall but he would have played around 60 games to get that due to the Sherpa van run

I would like to see Norris, Vinagre and Gibbs-White start at least one of the last 3 games but other than that as full strength as possible and get that 100 points!

not sure if this is showing up correctly, but

tenor.gif

Two years ago today I posted this on Facebook (and doubtless a version of it on here):

You've got to wonder what goes through Kenny Jackett's mind at times. He does realise we've played that awful diamond formation previously this season and it doesn't work? He does know that playing a central midfielder nominally on the left of midfield means you're going to be extremely vulnerable on that side of defence? These are all flaws we've seen before and he repeats the same thing, truly shocking management.

That's before we get into him using Helan, Sigurdarson and Le Fondre (none of whom will be here next season) ahead of our own youth players who we might actually need next season given we aren't going to be in a position to run with a squad of 25+ senior pros.

Oh, and it was another first half where we haven't had a shot on target. Third one this month alone. We must easily be in double figures for that, honestly wouldn't surprise me if we were nudging 20 occasions for the season.

It's not about the result, this is about as close as I get to not caring about the result because there's literally nothing at stake. It's the method, Ken. Or the lack of it. The fact that the same things keep happening - nonsensical tactics, selections that defy all logic, a complete lack of attacking threat, hyper-attritional football without even the pay off of ruthlessly efficiently grinding out results - and you never, ever, ever fucking learn. That's what pisses me off. You keep banging on about giving the fans something to cheer for at the end of the season, how we need to show more going forward, how about you hold up your bit of the bargain? Because playing a bloke who's gone 28 hours of competitive football without a goal as an isolated lone forward is pretty unlikely to be the answer to anything.

Looking forward to Saturday, it's gonna be ACE.

Two years from that to this. It's unreal.

Croxen... all the best mate but enjoy what Wolves is giving you

Thanks, Darlo. I came into the world with a ‘Top Flight’ Wolves and I shall depart it in the same situation.......eventually!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I offer my belated congratulations to Nuno and the team for their promotion to the Premier League.

May I offer my belated congratulations to Nuno and the team for their promotion to the Premier League.

Welcome back, Frank - hope the M'bro and Cardiff games didn't leave you as the emotional wreck they left some many of the other Forum members

Back