• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome back, Richard Stearman

5 loanees: Stearman, Costa, Tex, CBJ, Ola John

With the state of our defensive personnel as things stand, I'd rather have Stears than not have Stears. He improves our eleven, and also puts us one injury further away from having EEL at centre back. He'll do for 9 months.

welcome back Stears

I hate to be that 'Guy' but It seems like we have gone one step backwards instead of one step forward with re-signing Stearman. I was hoping for a better quality defender coming In.

Better than what we've got.
What's to complain about?

I don't think he is better than any of Iorfa, Hause or Batth. At absolute best he's on a par with them, that's when he's playing as well as he can which is never a given being as his performances vary wildly in quality from week to week. He is better than EEL, but you don't sign someone because they're better than your fourth choice (potentially fifth if we played CBJ in the middle), you sign players who are demonstrably better than what's currently in the team, like we have with every other position.

I don't think he is better than any of Iorfa, Hause or Batth. At absolute best he's on a par with them, that's when he's playing as well as he can which is never a given being as his performances vary wildly in quality from week to week. He is better than EEL, but you don't sign someone because they're better than your fourth choice (potentially fifth if we played CBJ in the middle), you sign players who are demonstrably better than what's currently in the team, like we have with every other position.

I agree. Can't see the point of this. The only logic is that Williamson is finished.

I think that's a fairly safe bet.

The point is that we can't have a CB pairing of Batth and Hause so it makes perfect sense.

Iorfa/Doc - Batth - Stears - CJB

Back line for Burton please Mr Zenga.

He'll do for the time being,but just imagine the Internet meltdown if this had happened pre takeover,probably is keyboard warriors wanting fosun out and asking where's all the money gone?

I've always liked him since his debut. Don't have a problem with him coming back

I've gone through periods of liking and disliking Stears (and he should never have been our POTS that year btw) but I'm happy with this.

We've clearly tried for a few higher profile centre halves and failed, I'd rather we went with someone who will at the very least be just as good as what we've already got than panic buy, KT doesn't have a great track record in that area (looking at you Nathan Byrne).

it's an strange one, but what's done is done. onwards and upwards.

we know what we are getting match wise, and we are getting a Wolves voice back in the changing room.

Back