• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome Bruno Lage

Can't say that I'm particulary excited by this, but then probably wasn't when Nuno first rocked up either.

Next season doesn't purely rest on this decision, but also what else happens in the close season - who stays & who (if anyone) comes in.

Will give him a bit of time, though if it's not working then potentially Fosun won't.

If Seferovic was starting during Lage’s barren run that would explain the goals drying up.

I know he (Seferovic) scored a bagful last season but my word is he shit.

If Seferovic was starting during Lage’s barren run that would explain the goals drying up.

I know he (Seferovic) scored a bagful last season but my word is he shit.
He is.

And he started showing more and more on the second half of the season. Actively benching Vinicius who was our primary, and quite successful, strike.

I don't have a problem with people being concerned, or even negative. Why lie? I've always preferred people to say what they think.

Rewind the clock 6,12,18 months though and being negative on TWF meant you had people coming at you from all directions.

I've yet to see anyone accuse DW or TT of not being Wolves fans or aiming 'We're Doomed!' memes at them, put it that way. It's interesting
A lot of the time the negativity then was unjustified. We were doing well in the league, into the latter stages of a European tournament. People now bemoan Jota leaving but he used to get unreal stick on here. Every misplaced pass was met with a barrage of "FFS Jota/Costa/whoever" posts. I mean just watch the fucking game!

Then a load of unrealistic tosh about us making the Champions League.

I have explained my objections to Lage, I will reiterate them if necessary, it's apples and oranges.

The optimist in me says he can bring his attacking game and do well. The pessimist says the PL is extremely ruthless and we will concede too many goals and ability to grind out results.

Tbf Leeds are about as gung ho an attacking team as I've seen in ages, probably since Keegan's Newcastle - they did alright.

A lot of the time the negativity then was unjustified. We were doing well in the league, into the latter stages of a European tournament. People now bemoan Jota leaving but he used to get unreal stick on here. Every misplaced pass was met with a barrage of "FFS Jota/Costa/whoever" posts. I mean just watch the fucking game!

Then a load of unrealistic tosh about us making the Champions League.

I have explained my objections to Lage, I will reiterate them if necessary, it's apples and oranges.

Wasn't aimed directly at you mate, I'm not offended by your stance and I get it.

But I'm sure some would find your current 'negativity' unjustified or unrealistic, and their perspective is surely worth no less than your perspective on others.

One isn't objective fact or 'true'. No ones shit on here smells sweeter than anyone elses 😉

I also don't think there have been that many 'negative' posters on here over the years who couldn't explain their thought process, just as you have.

Tbf Leeds are about as gung ho an attacking team as I've seen in ages, probably since Keegan's Newcastle - they did alright.
To play like Leeds we will need to up our fitness levels enormously. I seem to recall most teams run further than we did last season. If anyone can confirm this or show I’m wrong I’d be grateful.

Well, the wait is over, Nuno aint coming back, so we must give Bruno our full support, i wish him success, and keep Traore. I feel more optomistic today than i have for the last two weeks.

Well, the wait is over, Nuno aint coming back, so we must give Bruno our full support, i wish him success, and keep Traore. I feel more optomistic today than i have for the last two weeks.
Why, it was obvious two weeks ago we were appointing Lage?

Wasn't aimed directly at you mate, I'm not offended by your stance and I get it.

But I'm sure some would find your current 'negativity' unjustified or unrealistic, and their perspective is surely worth no less than your perspective on others.

One isn't objective fact or 'true'. No ones shit on here smells sweeter than anyone elses 😉

I also don't think there have been that many 'negative' posters on here over the years who couldn't explain their thought process, just as you have.
I would say the current optimism is on nothing other than blind faith, that's the issue. Whereas if I were optimistic about Nuno's Wolves, it was based on years of success.

I have more truck with a "trust Bruno" agenda than a "trust Fosun" one, that much is true. Not sure why people cheerlead for a global corporation.

I would say the current optimism is on nothing other than blind faith, that's the issue. Whereas if I were optimistic about Nuno's Wolves, it was based on years of success.

I have more truck with a "trust Bruno" agenda than a "trust Fosun" one, that much is true. Not sure why people cheerlead for a global corporation.
Not seen many 'cheerleading' for Forum at all, as for Lage, I think a lot of us are nervous about his appointment but are hopefull rather than confidant. Don't really see the point in being anything other than supportive.
Like you I'm disappointed Nuno's gone and not exactly excited about Lage but Nuno's gone, let's see what happens.....we can whinge about it all we like, won't make any difference

Of course there's a point, this isn't Reuters reporting bland facts, it's for opinions.

I don't think it's a very good idea (as you may have gathered), I can't change that opinion because he's officially here now. He gets my support at games, if I go next season, which is very much in the balance as the club are pissing me off on a number of levels.

Of course there's a point, this isn't Reuters reporting bland facts, it's for opinions.

I don't think it's a very good idea (as you may have gathered), I can't change that opinion because he's officially here now. He gets my support at games, if I go next season, which is very much in the balance as the club are pissing me off on a number of levels.
But its not Lage's fault so why not give him our support ( when I said supportive I meant him not Fosun) this is the Lage thread after all

Not particularly enthusiastic but he has my support. I recall seeing a fair amount of Valencia and Porto fans saying bad things about Nuno and writing him off as nothing but a Mendes lackey back in 2017 too, so won't write the guy off without giving him a chance. Good luck Lage - you'll need it going off of how people are reacting!

I don't have a problem with people being concerned, or even negative. Why lie? I've always preferred people to say what they think.

Rewind the clock 6,12,18 months though and being negative on TWF meant you had people coming at you from all directions.

I've yet to see anyone accuse DW or TT of not being Wolves fans or aiming 'We're Doomed!' memes at them, put it that way. It's interesting
It's when every thread ends up talking about the same point and the same posters reiterate the same point over and over and over again it all just gets a bit tiresome.

Back