• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome new members

I'll call you Septic... I have a history of giving users great nicknames...

Hi. Lifetime fan, born in Boro, but my mam was from Parkfield Rd and that was that. Previous contributor on a micro-scale when I was living out in Bolivia, hence the 'hilarious' name. Must have been the thin air. Now living in Rutland, been to 6 games this year, mainly with my 3 and 6 year olds at home, but a couple of away wins (!) too. The kids saw their first win in 5 outings against Rotherham last week. Cardiff or Forest the next match for us. Will aim to post a bit more now, so I don't feel such a parasite just reading.

Forgot to add, in case any one cares, the Mel Evo connection comes from the fact that Mel Eves scores the winner in the first match I saw - a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace. Yep, as people can work out, as soon as I started turning up we really went on the slide. Coupled with coming from the town where Wolves have the worst away record of pretty much any English club, I'd say I had a pretty tough baptism to following Wolves. Of course, it's all been 'up' from there. Ahem.

Welcome Mel, so we know how to pigeon hole you. Could you please let us know how many trees you can see from your front door?

One less than before storm Doris. Other than that, quite a few, and a cement works. Being from Teesside, the chimneys make me feel strangely comforted.

Welcome to the forum Mel.

Welcome Mel.
I used to work with a bloke from North Luffenham...
Is that near you?

Yep WH, not far at all. Nice part of the world, and a decent drive to the match.

Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself. Been lurking for a while after being tipped off to the forum by Parkins Left Foot, who I met on a staion before the Reading home game this season. Up till then I thought I was the only Wolves fan in this one horse Dorset town.

Anyway, I've been following the Wolves for exactly 50 years, first game was against Sunderland (I think a 2-1 win) in the 66-67 promo season. I'm Wiltshire born and bred, but of Black Country roots. My father (Wolvo born and bred) first took me to Wolves after I expressed an interest in Man U after seeing them on the box. One visit and I have never been cured.

Have only lived in Wolverhampton for 8 out of 50 years, and that over 29 years ago, other than that I have lived all over England, usually managing to attend between 10-20 games a season, but no, I wasn't at Chorley.

Travel to most games by train, have become an expert in the art of split ticketing!

Will be at Bristol this Saturday, may bump into some of you.

Up the Wolves!

Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself. Been lurking for a while after being tipped off to the forum by Parkins Left Foot, who I met on a staion before the Reading home game this season. Up till then I thought I was the only Wolves fan in this one horse Dorset town.

Anyway, I've been following the Wolves for exactly 50 years, first game was against Sunderland (I think a 2-1 win) in the 66-67 promo season. I'm Wiltshire born and bred, but of Black Country roots. My father (Wolvo born and bred) first took me to Wolves after I expressed an interest in Man U after seeing them on the box. One visit and I have never been cured.

Have only lived in Wolverhampton for 8 out of 50 years, and that over 29 years ago, other than that I have lived all over England, usually managing to attend between 10-20 games a season, but no, I wasn't at Chorley.

Travel to most games by train, have become an expert in the art of split ticketing!

Up the Wolves!

Good to see you posting - you have met a few now at Bristol & found out that they don't all have two heads :icon_biggrin:

Join in - you will soon find out which threads are to be avoided

Never realised that we had a horse here!!

Was good to meet you Dorset, here's to more good days out! ;)

Hi Darlowolf, big thanks to you and SamWolf, Philwolf, Lycan, Nando, Aikiwolf, PLF and Machin. Meant that the poor performance was overshadowed by a good day out.

See you in a pub somewhere soon.

Hi

Up the Wolves!

I thought everyone (including their wives, children and pets) was at Chorley

Even I was at Chorley and I was born in 1995.

Even I was at Chorley and I was born in 1995.

Who added your user title? "Not actually that young". Whoever it was I think is being a bit salty about their own age ;)

Hmmm. Maybe I was at Chorley along with the other 45000, but it was so traumatic that my mind has completely blanked the memory.

Nope, was getting married that year and all my spare cash went on the wedding instead of football. What a lucky escape, getting married saved me from Chorley!

Oh, but wait..............

Who added your user title? "Not actually that young". Whoever it was I think is being a bit salty about their own age ;)

Ha, to be honest I think it was after I asked the question of 'when do I change my username as I'm not actually that young now' to which I got the reply 'you are to us...'

Which is true ;)

Back