• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome new members

Good to have you back NorwayFB this season shall we say will be interesting.

Good to have you back NorwayFB this season shall we say will be interesting.

Thanks mate. Will definitely be interesting! Only one problem remains, no Norwegian TV provider has bought the rights to show champship matches for the coming season. With only a few days before it begins I'm getting a bit antsy.

Bit late to introduce myself, but anyway............

Life long Wolves fan, runs in the family, ex resident of the City.

Hello.

Welcome to TWF! Love the name. :icon_lol:

What's up everybody!? Been following the forum for nigh on 8 years without posting. It has been an essential source of info as I have lived away from England for that amount time (America, China and now Spain). Decided to get involved so just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself a little.

Hi all , just thought i would introduce myself, after following this forum for about five years ,thought i would join up and have some input(for what its worth !)
supported Wolves since they last won the F.A cup (1960 i think), my school colours were the same, old gold and black, the name WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERS has
a fantastic ring to it that no other club (in my view) has.
Favourite players Ron Flowers, The Doog,Jon Richards,Steve Bull.
Been up to the ground a few times,but the first time i went to the museum , i had a huge lump in my throat as it took me back to days when i was a kid in london
and had all the old players pictures on my bedroom wall ,loved those hooped socks !
iam amazed at the knowledge of wolves and football itself,that you guys display in your posts, i have my favourites but always read all post on the verdict forums.
if i do post in the future ,please be gentile with me as I'm getting on a bit now,and cry easily :icon_razz:
really excited about this season. i think we will finish in the play offs and get to the premier from there .! WOLVES FOREVER !!

Hello, good people. I've been following the ranting and rambling going on here for quite a while, and perhaps more frequently than I'd like to admit, so thought I might as well register in case i should feel the sudden urge to contribute some post-factual nonsense of my own. Apparently I had registered what must be quite a while (years) ago, never posted and then forgot about it.

Anyway, I'm joining as part of the Scandinavian foreign legion, Norwegian to be precise. I've been following the ups and downs in the club's fortunes roughly since the start of Dave Jones' days as manager, when the matches were still being broadcast on the equivalent of BBC over here and me and some mates were more than a little obsessed by football manager games. Some of my fondest memories are from the glory days under Mick, especially the promotion season, when players like Foley and Kightly were big favourites of mine. I also have a weakness for cult heroes like Craddock in the days when he was no longer shite and his head was bandaged, and big George for that single game when he was simply unplayable and absolutely destroyed Ronaldo and for his general physique.

As for the situation right now I am still, barely, in the pro-Lambert camp. I did want him out after Birmingham, one of the worst performances I have ever seen, but give him the benefit of doubt after slightly improved selections, tactics and effort of late. Still think we will narrowly avoid relegation and a full summer and preseason might then be used to bring about much needed change. As for the squad, a few of the youngsters look promising but most of the others can and should be replaced asap.

Welcome RSW (username far to long to be bothered typing it out in full)

More Scandinavians are most welcome

Hello, good people. I've been following the ranting and rambling going on here for quite a while, and perhaps more frequently than I'd like to admit, so thought I might as well register in case i should feel the sudden urge to contribute some post-factual nonsense of my own. Apparently I had registered what must be quite a while (years) ago, never posted and then forgot about it.

Anyway, I'm joining as part of the Scandinavian foreign legion, Norwegian to be precise. I've been following the ups and downs in the club's fortunes roughly since the start of Dave Jones' days as manager, when the matches were still being broadcast on the equivalent of BBC over here and me and some mates were more than a little obsessed by football manager games. Some of my fondest memories are from the glory days under Mick, especially the promotion season, when players like Foley and Kightly were big favourites of mine. I also have a weakness for cult heroes like Craddock in the days when he was no longer shite and his head was bandaged, and big George for that single game when he was simply unplayable and absolutely destroyed Ronaldo and for his general physique.

As for the situation right now I am still, barely, in the pro-Lambert camp. I did want him out after Birmingham, one of the worst performances I have ever seen, but give him the benefit of doubt after slightly improved selections, tactics and effort of late. Still think we will narrowly avoid relegation and a full summer and preseason might then be used to bring about much needed change. As for the squad, a few of the youngsters look promising but most of the others can and should be replaced asap.

Hi RSW, good to have you aboard, and yes, please post frequently.
Where abouts in Norway are you?
I've been to Oslo a few times and my son lives and works in Bodo.

Hi RSW, good to have you aboard, and yes, please post frequently.
Where abouts in Norway are you?
I've been to Oslo a few times and my son lives and works in Bodo.

Thanks! Probably won't be posting too often but might chip in with the odd comment (more likely a yawn at the moment) now and then.

I'm originally from the north, a small industrial town a bit south of Bodø (and thankfully less windy!), but have since emigrated for studies and work and now living in the capital.

Welcome RSW (username far to long to be bothered typing it out in full)

More Scandinavians are most welcome

Thanks. No idea how I came up with that username, RSW is as good as anything.

We have some serious anglophile tendencies over here, perhaps the Norwegians in particular. Not quite sure how that came to be, but I guess we identify with you folks in things like sense of humour and so on. Which brings to mind the words of a German baron: "How lucky you English are to find ze toilet so amusing. For us it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is ze basis of an entire culture."

Welcome.

Just need to check we are accepting foreigners post Brexit... :icon_wink:

We have some serious anglophile tendencies over here, perhaps the Norwegians in particular. Not quite sure how that came to be, but I guess we identify with you folks in things like sense of humour and so on. Which brings to mind the words of a German baron: "How lucky you English are to find ze toilet so amusing. For us it is a mundane and functional item. For you it is ze basis of an entire culture."

Wolves and Blackadder fan. You'll get on OK on here. Welcome!

Treat it as acceptance on this Forum - most call me PLF as clearly have limited keyboard skills to type it out in full (though you will have to wait for a Mod to change the description under you username for full acceptance)

Shortened form is a compliment (at least that's what I believe ;) )

Back