• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome new members

How do. Joined today.

Mid 40s old fart, watching is since mid 80’s, STH in S1 with my son (17). Travel down from East Manchester.
I suppose you would be too young to remember the trolleybuses going out of Stevenson Square to Dukinfield?
I used to work in Affleck & Brown and caught the trolley to train at Rochdale. In the Winter. 3 nights a week.
Anyway good to have you on board.

I must make at least one more visit to the Mol before I lose me mojo. Getting up in years a bit now, and you know how it is when you put things off. Haven't been in many years now, and I have never seen the Wolves in the premier league.

I suppose I'd start about twelve and have a pint in the Tavern in the Town. The beer is never much good in there, so I would soon move on to the Exchange for a good pint of Banks's mild. I might get touched for a pint by some of the Irish lads as I worked on the building and know most of the crew. They know I'm a bit of a softy for standing a drink when I've had a couple. Might walk down to the Valhalla next, and chat with the postmen who congregate there. Good lads who always get the beer in, and don't talk shop.Next could be the Prince Albert where the Welsh lads gather. They are more into rugby than football but they have some stories of how they came up from the Rhonnda to work on the trains and avoid the coalmines. Last stop might be the Feathers next to the ground where me dad worked when we came over from Dublin and lived on the Compton road by the Quarter House around 1960. I could have a look at St Judes close by for Old Langs Ayne, as it was my first school in Wolvo. St Peters and Pauls was next, but I can see that as I walk down past the Molineux Hotel on the way to the ground. used to be a good pint in there, I hope they are keeping the pipes clean.

Anyway! Time to revisit the old place. Lots of old and great memories. it will be worth the effort to once again hear the 'Molineux roar'.

Hello everyone, new wolves fan here. I am visiting UK for the first time and and i will be here just for 3 days. I am trying to get a ticket for wolves vs leeds match but i have been unsuccessful so far. I wrote several emails and called them several times but unfortunately since i have not been a wolves fan for a long time, my attempts have not bear fruit. Can someone, please help me out. I just need 1 ticket and i can pay upfront. Just to mention, i am not a leeds fan at all if that is the concern. Thanks.

Hi Murtazakzi and welcome to the Forum

Thanks fellow wolves supporter
giphy.webp

I am an old swedish fella..Wolves since 1975 I recon.
I like to play with open cards.It is best that way.
I was banned from this forum back in 2008.I went on the rampage when we were 3-0 down to Brizzle..and the rest is history.
Time makes the edges more blunt.
I am still pretty passionate regarding Wolves though..hopefully less interested in winning every single argument..:)
I hope I am welcomed back.
If not,then I have to accept it.
Just wants to be truthful here.

This forum didn't exist in 2008 so you weren't.

We also drew both games with them that season.
Well..I stand corrected then..surprised and corrected.
Against Brizzle..didn´t we go 3-0 down?
We might have come back and salvaged a point in the end..but it was Micks second season..ah..might have been in 07 even then.
I wanted Mick out and the usual blah blah blah.
You guys had distanced ourself from the mix though..that is for certain.

Hmm..might have got me banned from the Mix instead this incident..:)
I´ve been banned from here as well though..I am certain unfortunately.

We went 3-0 down at Bristol City in April 2017. Lost 3-1 in the end. Why anyone would get so worked up over a dead end of season game when neither team had anything to play for and we were obviously rubbish, I don't know.

If you have been banned from here before it's because you've been a dick, I advise you not to be a dick.

Back