• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome new members

Molineux Melts :)-
Just had a look at the continued argument about Rubiales and having seen the latest video they are all tripping over themselves. He’s a total prat BTW but it’s hilarious. They condemn trial by social media unable to recognise that’s exactly what they partook in.
It’s a fasicinating debate and a highly charged one but ridiculous that me and Jefe got banned from it.

Last edited:
New member here . . . just registered.

Obviously from my username I'm from The Land of the Long White Cloud, where I emigrated to way back in 1982.

Born in Birmingham and lived most of my childhood/teenage/early 20s years in Codsall, with many a visit to Molineux in the late 60s/70s/early 80s.

Now retired I have a bit more time to engage in discussions on one of my favourite topics - Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Thanks.

I've been lurking for a few days now observing the discussion and content etc.

Some very vigorous debates on a number of topics which highlights the passion of the contributors which is good to see.

I have to admit my passion for Wolves has somewhat diminished since Nuno's departure but there's been a flickering of renewed interest under GON this season with the football now again quite watchable although I remain somewhat ambivalent towards the Premier League in terms of it's inbuilt biases towards the top 6.

So we will see.

Welcome Kiwi. My great nephew lives in Auckland and is an avid Wolves fan, so you`re not alone down there.

Welcome!

I only know two things about NZ: Hakas and Flight of the Conchords. So that's at least 2/2 good things in my book!

I think this is my first writing in this forum despite I've been following it for a few years. I've been a die hard Wolves fan since 1969 (when I was a really small kid) and I might be the only one from Finland in this forum. The start of my Wolves story briefly: I used to live on the west coast of Finland and you could (and still can) watch the Swedish telly. In November 1969 the Swedish television broadcast their very first live Premier League/Div 1 match and it was Wolves vs Sunderland, black and white telly obviously, 1-0 (Hugh Curran scored). Have been hooked ever since that. Apart from watching all the Wolves matches on TV I'm also flying over to Wolverhampton now and then and during the most recent years the target is to visit Molineux 3-4 times season. The next one is vs Sheffield this Sunday. My lucky stand is currently NU5. I have three victories in a row here, including e.g. Liverpool a year ago and Man City in September. So now going for the 4:th in a row. My next match will most likely be Luton. The reasoning behind choosing these two matches was originally that I haven't seen those teams live before and won't be able to see them next season. I might be wrong on Luton.
My all time top5 players, since the 70's: Phil Parkes, Ken Hibbitt, John Richards, Steve Bull, Ruben Neves
Keep On Rockin'

Welcome Mixu, you were just 2 in in 1969

Hi all

Travelling from Edinburgh for my first home game this weekend. Looking for some advice on which pubs are best before/after the game. Wasnt sure where best to ask so seeing as this is my first ever post I thought here would be good :)

Depends what you are looking for. The Great Western round the back of the train station is decent, good pub grub, decent ale, they'll let in well behaving away fans, although technically they shouldn't. After that it's much of a muchness in town the Royal London and Hogshead are opposite each other, will both show football before and after and will both be crammed. There's smaller pubs and a couple of token Wetherspoons (even if they aren't they have that vibe). I believe there's a couple of better pubs down towards Banks' but I've never been there. Wolverhampton for home fans is functional rather than funky

Depends what you are looking for. The Great Western round the back of the train station is decent, good pub grub, decent ale, they'll let in well behaving away fans, although technically they shouldn't. After that it's much of a muchness in town the Royal London and Hogshead are opposite each other, will both show football before and after and will both be crammed. There's smaller pubs and a couple of token Wetherspoons (even if they aren't they have that vibe). I believe there's a couple of better pubs down towards Banks' but I've never been there. Wolverhampton for home fans is functional rather than funky
Cheers Tony, I'd seen the Hogshead mentioned before so probably one to try at least one of before/after

Been going in the ‘Leccy’ (Electric) Club for years, cheap beer, Golden Glow being my tipple, cracking cobs, cheese,onion and black pudding my favourite, £50 raffle every match day
Located in Chapei Ash and about a ten minute walk to the ground.

Back