• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ben Marshall

Yeah, I'm happy with this, Rovers fans I know rate him.

Can't see him getting a massive amount of game time but it wont have cost us much at all either.

Strengthens the squad and Lamberts worked with him before. Happy with this

Marshall is a tidy footballer and whether he plays right back or in midfield you know what you're getting. Not an outstanding signing but a solid one.

Just looked up a photo of him and he was wearing an alice band. Needs a word with Coady's barber I think.

As long as we played hardball with the fee the probably a sensible addition, though agree that can't see him getting a massive amount of minutes.

The sort of player who might have been useful in tonights game to take over from Coady who would have still been coming down from Saturdays match

Welcome to Wolves!

Looks like a modern day Tom Bennett

A good, solid addition. Welcome aboard, Ben.

With Iorfa seemingly out of favour I could see him challenging Coady for RB. Haven't seen too much of him so I will judge once he's played a bit. We could have done with him RW tonight Mason can't play out wide and we need good cover for Costa.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think he'll start at RB and will look to form a decent partnership with Costa down the right flank.

good signing, like how SSN have not reported any actual transfers for the last 20 mins only talking about teams not buying anyone ggs Sky they truly suck

BT Sport is far worse - at least Sky recognise there are divisions below the Prem. But I suppose they have to as they have the live rights.

BT Sport is dreadful - no recognition whatsoever for any other league.

BT Sport is far worse - at least Sky recognise there are divisions below the Prem. But I suppose they have to as they have the live rights.

BT Sport is dreadful - no recognition whatsoever for any other league.
I watched their coverage for the first time when we played Norwich away, goals from outside the Prem were an inconvenience and nobody was at any of the games....that's before you critique James, Savage and Sutton as pundits

Apparently he's not trained for two weeks so needs some fitness work before he'll be ready for selection.

I watched their coverage for the first time when we played Norwich away, goals from outside the Prem were an inconvenience and nobody was at any of the games....that's before you critique James, Savage and Sutton as pundits

Their version of Soccer Saturday? Horrendous isn't it? Especially the totally fake and forced 'rivalry' between Sutton and Savage. Its cringeworthy.

Marshall played almost as a wing back, but in a back 4 for Lambert at Blackburn. You could argue Doherty already does that, so if we play both of them as our starting full backs we are going to be very open at the back.

Marshall played almost as a wing back, but in a back 4 for Lambert at Blackburn. You could argue Doherty already does that, so if we play both of them as our starting full backs we are going to be very open at the back.

Not if you go 3-5-2 :whistle:

A formation that would reduce the impact of our new £13m record signing

oh I agree! We are doing fine with the formation we have and the personnel in it at the moment and now the window is shut that is it for this season.However the role of Edwards and Price cant be underestimated going forward and given the fact we concede and concede often the importance of being able to score cant be underestimated. 22 goals in Lamberts 14 games does mitigate our defensive frailties, even though we have been a lot better all around at the back and showed far better communication. Burgoyne however has yet to keep a clean sheet, just noting. Its good that we only have to score 2 to win a game now rather than 2 to draw as was the lot withy Zenga to often but we still are not as solid as we would want to be. So a better right back with better attacking intent than Coady , releases Coady for a role on the subs bench once Edwards and Price have run their course in match and he comes on as fresh legs for either. Marshall and Costa is a partnership going forward that I want to see. I will happily take a few 3-2 wins because we are a bit light at the back as long as we are creating. 6 wins in 9 games for recent form would translate to 12 wins more this season and that doubles our points tally. 71 points would have been seen as decent a few weeks ago. Lambert is slowly and surely making his mark and the results in the main are backing him up.

With regard to clean sheets all the top 13 sides have kept more than us this season. Scoring goals in recent games hasnt been an issue except for our centre forwards! Bod looks sharper than Dicko at the moment!

Back