• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Conor Coady

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
CI_YwbkW8AAXgsa.jpg

Woop, a signing :D

Just an agent trying to boost a couple of deals huh, huddersfield forum? ;)

I don't often have reservations about Ken's signings in advance, Leon is the only one where that's applied. Before this.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong (with Leon I knew there was very little chance I'd be wrong, it's not quite on that scale).

Perhaps someone is on the way out.

Looks a tidy player and I hope he turns out well. I hope he plays in a midfield 3 with Price and KMac and not instead of KMac.

This should be the end of Saville and Rowe (i'm not buying the horse shit the KJ thinks he can fill the Sako role).

So now he's signed, my thoughts

========== Ikeme =======

==== Iorfa == Batth == Stearman == Golbourne

=========== Coady =====

===== McDonald ====== Price =======

=========== Wallace ========

======= Dicko ======= Afobe

Use the FBs as width, if necessary.
We have players to bring on as impact subs., such as VLP, Boukari etc..

Looking good.

I'm not too fussed about the various formations - clearly we're simply building a squad of good young players that gives us options & that's exactly as it should be. Very pleased with Wallace and Coady so far

Price would have to be the 'sitter' if we move to a diamond.

He's tidy on the ball but he isn't going to offer enough offensively.

Iorfa-----Stearman----Batth----Golbourne

-----------McDonald-------Coady----------

--------------------Wallace-----------------

---VLP-------------Afobe-------------Dicko--

Flatt, EEL/Hause, Doherty, Price, Henry, Edwards, Graham, New FW.

That would be mine.

That is way too defensive. Price won't play. KMac and Coady behind Wallace with RVLP Dicko and Afobe up top. Great minds Nando

I don't often have reservations about Ken's signings in advance, Leon is the only one where that's applied. Before this.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong (with Leon I knew there was very little chance I'd be wrong, it's not quite on that scale).

What reservations do you have DW?

That is way too defensive. Price won't play. KMac and Coady behind Wallace with RVLP Dicko and Afobe up top. Great minds Nando

If Price doesn't play then that's a baffling piece of business by the club. Why buy a player for a substantial fee in a position which we didn't really need to upgrade, it's not as if Coady offers a Sako-esque goal threat from midfield and Price is pretty good at the holding role and Saville was supposed to be that player.

Coady will go ahead of Price. Unless we sell KMac, which we won't.

What reservations do you have DW?

If we've bought him just as a like for like replacement for Price, defensive midfielder for defensive midfielder, I really don't see the point. From what I have seen he isn't any better than Price defensively or in possession. He isn't going to offer much going forward.

If we've bought him with an eye on changing formation then I still think he's the wrong kind of midfielder for us.

In the longer term he just looks ordinary to me, I don't see him as anything more than an average-to-decent Championship midfielder, that doesn't help us out as we progress.

Like I say I hope I am wrong, but if you'd asked me to name 20 midfielders I thought we could realistically try to sign this summer I wouldn't have named him. Maybe not even 50 midfielders.

Coady sounds like a more rounded player than Price. He looks like a presence too which I think will help at times.

We're obviously not going to play the same XI week in, week out and against the right opposition the three Johnny has mentioned would be suitable, but I really like the look at a Coady, KMac, Wallace central three. Wallace loves to roam too.

Wallace will roam out onto the opposite flank to where RVLP pitches up. There is your width.

Welcome to Wolves, Conor.

I don't think he'll sit so deep as people suggest, most Huddersfield fans on FF have said he'll shoot from range so I expect he'll literally patrol the middle of the park getting back/forwards where appropriate. I have to say Ken is assembling a good midfield with two to type.. Good vision/passing: Macca/Evans, combative: Price/Coady, behind the strikers Edwards/Wallace. Personally I'm happy with the signing.

One thing he will hopefully offer more of than Price or KMac is a goal threat - albeit he only scored 3 last year. Return from central midfield last year simply wasn't enough - what was it between JP and KM? One?

Back