• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Jeremy Helan

He played about 1 game for Swindon on the left wing. He played on the right for every other game.

And most of those at wing back anyway?

When KJ signed him he said that he could play on either wing, behind the striker or right wing back. After Henry's injury we moved Rajiv onto the right and have used either Byrne or Rowe on the left, both of whom have proceeded to stink the place up.

Helan should be an upgrade on Byrne/Rowe at LW, not a LB where I think KJ will play Hause.

Helan can play on LW. No problem with that. My point is we are mis-using Byrne in the wrong position because we are light on the left, so the signing helps. Byrne should be on the right. I have no idea where KJ got that info from, but it certainly wasn't his appearances for Swindon, who used him almost exclusively on the right.

Helan can play on LW. No problem with that. My point is we are mis-using Byrne in the wrong position because we are light on the left, so the signing helps. Byrne should be on the right. I have no idea where KJ got that info from, but it certainly wasn't his appearances for Swindon, who used him almost exclusively on the right.

Byrne said something similar himself in his interview IIRC. Thinks he's best anywhere behind the striker. His best game for Wolves so far has come at LW as well, Blues away.

Few Wednesday fans on their FB page are annoyed at letting him go. Few others have said he's a pace merchant with no final product.

Feel he might be like Dicko in his first loan, contributed next to nothing but owing more to the then managers incompetence than his own, I hope I'm wrong, welcome :)

Just watching some of his highlights at Swindon,its quite clear hes more comfortable coming through on the right.
He was moved from right back and started scoring if i remember correctly.
Why he hasnt performed when hes been shoved to left wing is baffling really...oh yeah, hang on, probaly cos that where he doesnt play.
Mind ya, when he came on for Ojo in that position it was an upgrade.
Byrne also said he could play in goal in that interview....think it was to remind KJ that he was at the club.

Few Wednesday fans on their FB page are annoyed at letting him go. Few others have said he's a pace merchant with no final product.

Feel he might be like Dicko in his first loan, contributed next to nothing but owing more to the then managers incompetence than his own, I hope I'm wrong, welcome :)

Yeah Dicko right midfield....how annoying was that under Saunders....first and last time i swore in the family stand.

Yeah Dicko right midfield....how annoying was that under Saunders....first and last time i swore in the family stand.

Dicko had generally played out wide during his loan spells and for Wigan. It was only at Rotherham where they used him as a forward.

Its an issue in this country for a lot of managers - See Pace - Put on wing.

Yeah Dicko was a fairly ineffectual winger until Rotherham stuck him up front and found he had more success there.

We need pace desperately, though. Even if he doesn't have much end product, just having an extra outlet going forward is going to be very useful, in the same way that RVLP isn't a striker but tactically having him up front while Dicko was out last season gave the rest of the team more space to breathe after our November run.

I hope he wont be used as a left back, he really isn't very good at it. Go and watch that video I posted on the last page, we absolutely roasted him.

The only players we have capable of playing LW currently are Byrne or Rowe. Rowe is obviously $#@!e and Byrne hasn't impressed at all in the last few games. I reckon he'll start out as a winger.

He got roasted by Doherty and Henry because the winger in front of him did absolutely no tracking back and left him totally exposed and with a 2 on 1 in every attack...Oh, hang on, he'll fit right in with us then! Welcome aboard Jeremy

Aside from Rowe, I'd guess Helan is the only left footed player we have aside from U21s/development squad? (Is Hause left footed?)

Thanks! Hause was a bit of an afterthought in my post. I excluded Zyro as he's not available. I forgot about Saville (quelle surprise!)

Thanks! Hause was a bit of an afterthought in my post. I excluded Zyro as he's not available. I forgot about Saville (quelle surprise!)

Mmm. 3 at the back. Not my favourite but try anything if it improves things. That said with the players available it could look something like this

Martinez

Iorfa. Williamson. Hause

Price

Byrne Kmac Coady Helan

Mason

Siggy

Might shore us up a bit. Don't know .undecided

That would be a disaster. And Willo isn't even available.

Can we just forget three at the back please, I don't understand how anyone could think that would be anything other than a disaster. The last refuge of the truly desperate.

That would be a disaster. And Willo isn't even available.

Can we just forget three at the back please, I don't understand how anyone could think that would be anything other than a disaster. The last refuge of the truly desperate.

When you have a load of lemons you make lemonade. Given our abysmal form I am up for trying anything that works or improves the football. Given also that Byrne and Doherty are better in attack than defence I think Kj may try it. Personally after watching such awful fayre this season at home I would vote for any green shoot of improvement. It also gives price the holding job in front of 3 which would compensate if EEL or Batch played if Willi was not available. Whilst I picked the above ken would probably stick with Ikeme and have Doherty for Byrne.

It's another Charlton calibre signing. We were in for him when Kenny first joined and he chose Wednesday over us. Nice to see we have moved on scouting wise since then, we are lucky we got as many points as we did early in the season with those couple of runs, our transfers this season have been abysmal.

It's another Charlton calibre signing. We were in for him when Kenny first joined and he chose Wednesday over us. Nice to see we have moved on scouting wise since then, we are lucky we got as many points as we did early in the season with those couple of runs, our transfers this season have been abysmal.

Agreed, but as I say lemons and lemonade

I'm sure Jeremy will be a great bench warmer. At least we cannot loan him out to Millwall. I wish the lad well, but my faith in the management of this once-great and proud club is shot to buggery. Expect more of the same shite.

Back