• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves, Prince Oniangue

I don't think we will change Ikeme and Lonergan yet (we should, but I think that will be January at the very earliest)

Iorfa and Hause can stay from the defence. The rest I am less fussed about. Maybe a bit part for Danny Batth.

Zyro and Graham for the midfield. Can't see the rest cutting it. Maybe Evans. I really don't get the fuss about Price and never have. Tidy, for sure, but not good enough for our current ambitions.

Dicko is the only forward to keep on. Maybe a case for Mason as back-up.

just a point who are the players from the old regime would you want to keep.

I would say; Zyro, Graham, Dicko, Price & Iorfa and the rest can fook off for all i care lol

Think Hause, Evans and Wallace have too much potential to be so easily discarded

Surprised Thelwall hasn't recommended Martinez again. Arsenal have loads of keepers still.

He's probably third choice now as Szczesny has gone out on loan again. They could always bump Macey up to that role though as they did last season.

I don't think we will change Ikeme and Lonergan yet (we should, but I think that will be January at the very earliest)

Iorfa and Hause can stay from the defence. The rest I am less fussed about. Maybe a bit part for Danny Batth.

Zyro and Graham for the midfield. Can't see the rest cutting it. Maybe Evans. I really don't get the fuss about Price and never have. Tidy, for sure, but not good enough for our current ambitions.

Dicko is the only forward to keep on. Maybe a case for Mason as back-up.

Price is mr reliable and is a good leader on the pitch imo and is much better player than Evans who is big headed and slow at moving the ball around.

I would keep Zyro. He is in with Graham as a keeper.

Price is not better than Evans for me. Not at all. I don't rate him.

I said the other day we should go back in for Emi. He looked a great keeper from QPR onwards. With our new ambitions, New owners, head coach being a goalkeeping legend and regular football I reckon he would walk here

I would keep Zyro. He is in with Graham as a keeper.

Price is not better than Evans for me. Not at all. I don't rate him.
Evans is too slow to do anything. Price moves the ball quickly and keeps possession just as well.

Evans only ever looked good behind the striker in League One. That's about his level.

Don't think he ever really played that role in L1? We mostly played 4-4-2 up to Christmas, then when we did play someone behind a lone striker in the second half of the season it was Jacobs or Edwards.

He was excellent for the first three months of 2014/15 until he broke his wrist.

All I remember is seeing him behind Griffiths and getting into the box a lot. He may have just had lots of room in a 4-4-2 though.

Evans was always the most similar player in the squad to McDonald for me; can play either pushed up the pitch or sitting in front of the defence, but his game is to pass the ball around the pitch and (especially) play in attackers running down the wings or through the middle. Price is much more conservative by comparison, and more concerned with seizing and retaining possession before laying the ball off to a more attacking-minded midfielder. Evans is more of a Steven Gerrard type, Price is more of a Scott Parker type.

I'm not convinced at all by Evans and I think Price is definitely the better player.

Never got the hate for Evans, in the 2 games i've seen him this season he's been more than good enough. Picks up second balls, moves the ball quickly and has a varied range of passing and doesn't mind a tackle. Like DW said he was excellent for 3 months last year and that was under a manager that didn't make players feel their worth which is exactly the opposite of Zenga. I think he's going to be a key player this season.

It's not "hate for Evans" not on my part anyway. Just never really seen him have a dominant performance. He produces some great passes but it's all very hit and miss with him. I'm not convinced he's a player to be starting in a team that wants to be competing at the top end of the division. Hope to be proven wrong but I think he's more likely to lose his place before very long.

Are we allowed to like both players? :)

Both strong technically - Price moves the ball quickly and we are stronger defensively with him in the side and Evans has a good range of passing with the attacking ability to create and score I feel!

It's not "hate for Evans" not on my part anyway. Just never really seen him have a dominant performance. He produces some great passes but it's all very hit and miss with him. I'm not convinced he's a player to be starting in a team that wants to be competing at the top end of the division. Hope to be proven wrong but I think he's more likely to lose his place before very long.
You're right.

He was utter garbage at Rotherham btw. Our worst player on the pitch. Constantly gave the ball away.

You're right.

He was utter garbage at Rotherham btw. Our worst player on the pitch. Constantly gave the ball away.

He didn't stand out against Reading either, very slow and ponderous on the ball, wanted an eternity to make a decision too. It's early in the season though so he deserves a little time.

You're right.

He made more passes than anyone in the league that day and completed 88% of his passes. Definitely one of those players that fans see the odd thing that he does wrong and nothing that he does right.

Nobody mentioning the audacious flick, control & pass over his own head in the second half vs Reading? Didn't look slow or ponderous then.

Back