• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Raul Jimenez

Then why is he in the squad? He may not start the first game but will feature.
I don't think so. Osorio likes Hernandez and Peralta. It may not be right but that's how it is. I'd be surprised if Raúl gets the nod off the bench ahead of Peralta.

I don't think so. Osorio likes Hernandez and Peralta. It may not be right but that's how it is. I'd be surprised if Raúl gets the nod off the bench ahead of Peralta.

He's had more mins under Osorio than Peralta. He made a total of 7 appearances in Copa America/Confederations Cup under Osorio, 4 of them as a starter. He's highly likely to start at least 1 match in the World Cup, and come off the bench for others.

Hasn't he played in all of the warm up matches? If the manager hates him that much, why start him at all?

It doesn't add up, managers don't pick players for World Cup squads if they don't like or rate them on at least some level. Southgate obviously doesn't rate Chris Smalling even though he's a regular for Man Utd, he hasn't picked him, the alternative being to take him along and have him play no part whatsoever, wasting a space.

Maybe the Mexican manager does prefer the other alternatives in the 23 (I don't know how they even play, let alone who is a regular in the starting XI) but that's not the same thing.

Don't you name your full squad on the bench in a World Cup anyway?

Hasn't he played in all of the warm up matches? If the manager hates him that much, why start him at all?

Started against Scotland in a warm up 10 days ago. Not played in the other 2 at all.

It's just one of those things. Mexican football is fairly political. Jimenez pissed off a lot of people when he left América. If he had become a starter for Benfica he probably would have won those people over. Since he hasn't, they use it as proof that he was wrong to leave Mexico.

A similar thing happened while Carlos Vela was at Real Sociedad and he went without a cap for ages despite easily being the best Mexican winger in the world during that time.

It's just one of those things. Mexican football is fairly political. Jimenez pissed off a lot of people when he left América. If he had become a starter for Benfica he probably would have won those people over. Since he hasn't, they use it as proof that he was wrong to leave Mexico.

A similar thing happened while Carlos Vela was at Real Sociedad and he went without a cap for ages despite easily being the best Mexican winger in the world during that time.

I'm a Club America supporter, I don't recall anybody being pissed off. Vela kept turning down the call up during that time, the reason why is unknown. Miguel Herrera, the manager for the 2014 World Cup, met with him right before the World Cup and practically begged him to go, and he refused. He finally accepted a call up after the World Cup.

I'm a Club America supporter, I don't recall anybody being pissed off. Vela kept turning down the call up during that time, the reason why is unknown. Miguel Herrera, the manager for the 2014 World Cup, met with him right before the World Cup and practically begged him to go, and he refused. He finally accepted a call up after the World Cup.

That's definitely not the way media here in the States characterized it but if you support America I'll defer to you.

Already written off by Dingles Ay We

20 minutes defending a lead against the world champions. :argh:

Social Media is best ignored when people want to use it to say LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT ME

He had 2 poor touches and did a shit dive whilst being played out of position and in the most nervy 20 mins Mexico have faced in a World Cup for many a year. No player wants to be the one that costs them a win. Most rational people will judge him when they see him in a Wolves Shirt

Tbf my feeds have been 10% people saying he looked a bit shit, and 90% people moaning about the 10%

Tbf my feeds have been 10% people saying he looked a bit shit, and 90% people moaning about the 10%

There's an absolute fuckload of people on high horses today, you'd think they'd joined a battle scene in GoT.

Firstly, I’m amazed he even got on the pitch because the manager HATES him. But yeah, the reaction on Facebook has been extremely embarrassing.

Packed and ready to move to Wolverhampton.

Hope he’s not flying Ryanair.

Back