• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ruben Neves

Seems like a waste to me, was looking forward to watching him i the champions league next season but great deal for him and great deal for us.
China was a bit like this a few years ago got a feeling Saudi could end up the same.

In 2017 he left the 2nd best team in Portugal and perennial European qualifiers for a team who were the previous season had finished 15th in the championship & in the previous 30 years spent 4 years in the top level (at that taking any amount of shit every 1 of them 4 years just to stop up)
Just as what he is doing now we had no right signing him, but we got at least 4 more years out of him then anyone expected. It's a waste that he can't get a gig at a top level champions league side (as they tried last & this year) but its obvious that he doesn't fit the specification that the big hitters want, then no choice but to fill your boots, children, grandchildren, probably great grandchildren set for life. Hell of a legacy for a family man.

He’s epitomised everything that has been brilliant about the past six years, and of course his final parting gift is a big helping hand with FFP. Thank you for everything Ruben.

Wolves legend and massively underrated by fans of other clubs imo.

Would have loved him to get a few more PL goals if I'm honest, he never seemed to get to grips with the ball in the same way he did in the Champ!

Also a lovely family bloke, wish him all the best and hope he can get a dream move career-wise while he's still in his 20s.

According to Liam, Porto will get £1.6m from the deal

"
"Around five per cent of the £47million fee will be split between Porto and Wolves as a solidarity payment for the clubs that helped develop Neves before his 23rd birthday. As a result, estimates have suggested Porto will receive around £1.6million.
Neves joined Wolves in 2017, aged 20, but had he joined the club after turning 23 then Porto would have received the full share of that five per cent solidarity payment, which is around £2.35million"

Really going to miss watching Ruben. What a signing he's been and that video is heartbreaking

I’m currently in the pub and watched the first 5 seconds and had to turn it off before I started bawling like the small child I feel like.

Must be a high pollen count today, my eyes are streaming

Back