• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ruben Neves

Not been a Wolves fan as long as basically every other single member on here haha, but the time I have seen Ruben when he played here was exceptional. You could tell he really loved the fans, the city, everything, and always played his heart out for them, his teammates, and for the badge.

Genuinely nice man from what I saw and his impression on the club will last forever.

We were lucky to have him.

WOW! Just fuckin WOW!
I have never seen anything like that before, what an exceptional human being he is.
Wheres me tissues when i desperately need em.

Genuinely, where does he rank in regards to legends of the club? I’m not sure if it’s because it’s so recent, but surely goes down as a legend?

All things considered (including his passion and love for the club and the town) he’s in the top 3 players ever to have worn the old gold. A modern day legend if ever there was one!

Thank you Ruben! I can’t wait for your second debut!

Bully was abit before my time. I guess what I mean is, stands, statues etc, surely he’s not that level?

Bull and Neves. Different eras, different circumstances but both put the pride back in the club in their own way. Rolled their sleeves up and fought for the cause. Added some magic too.
Leaders.
In recent times: Coady, Moutinho, Neves.
The heartbeat of a team, with consistent, reliable, levels of performance.
Not easy to replace characters like that.

Ruben is up there for players Ive seen with Bully, JR, Parkin, Waggy (a lot of 70s players for me).
Obviously you've got Wright, Broadbent, Cullis, but they're before my time.

I think I agree with the sentiment that Neves is up there. The days of one club men are gone, in modern terms 6 years is a lifetime. Not just that but he was the symbol of a change for Wolves, the driving force of us lot no longer dreaming of 17th place in the Premier League.

Reactions: b3h
He was the real poster boy of the Fosun era and when he signed was when we all truly believed “shit, special things are going to happen here”.

He’ll always be the wonder kid from Porto.

Back