• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves x2: Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Ola John

Good news on CBJ.

Meh on OJ.

Honestly never saw Ola John play so only able to pre-judge him based on what other people have been posting about him - sounds to me like he's better than Sheyi Ojo, worse than Bakary Sako. Not even particularly sure we need another winger with Graham coming back and us playing a relatively narrow 4-3-3, but open to giving him a chance.

Borthwick-Jackson is perfect though, exactly what we need.

CBJ is an awesome signing. There are at least a couple of PL teams for whom he'd have a very good chance of starting.

I don't see Ola featuring much.

CBJ is a cracking signing. Ola John not so much but he might end up proving me wrong and be awesome from the right/ left.

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - CBJ - Doherty

Coady - Prince - Tex

Mason - Bod - John​

Two more signings to strengthen the squad, happy days.

CBJ is awesome, willing to give OJ a chance.

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - CBJ - Doherty

Coady - Prince - Tex

Mason - Bod - John​

CBJ is a left back who can cover at centre half. More likely to see Iorfa to CB and Doherty to RB.

Absolutely elated about CBJ. A quality signing.

Don't know too much about Ola John TBH - some actual width which isn't James Henry or George Saville is no bad thing though.

CBJ is a left back who can cover at centre half. More likely to see Iorfa to CB and Doherty to RB.
His preferred position is centre back according to United fans I've spoke to.

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Hause - CBJ

Evans - Prince - Tex

Mason - Bod - John​

Now I like that a lot, maybe a center back needed? But I am guessing Iorfa to CB and Doherty RB (which i wouldnt do btw) Nevertheless, that's a strong team, still with Dicko and Graham to come back- SHITTTTT!

Surely he's going to rotate left-back with Doherty? (He's 100% a better player, but Zenga looks to love rotation.)

Two more very good signings. I wonder if that is the end of our activity?

Yep, CBJ is perhaps the best we could have wished for before the transfer window. Huge potential and has all the attributes needed to be a big success at this level.

Like most others I haven't seen John play but it'll be nice to have options on the wings.

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - Hause - CBJ

Evans - Prince - Tex

Mason - Bod - John​

Now I like that a lot, maybe a center back needed? But I am guessing Iorfa to CB and Doherty RB (which i wouldnt do btw) Nevertheless, that's a strong team, still with Dicko and Graham to come back- $#@!TTTT!

Iorfa's a RB and CBJ is an LB, Doherty and Silvio can play either side, and both Iorfa and CBJ can play CB. That gives us a lot of flexibility, even if we assume the worst, and Silvio never manages to play a game for us or that Williamson is crocked for good. If there's a chance neither of them might play a game this season then it might make sense to get one more player in, a Luisao-type figure (even if it's not Luisao) - someone older, at the end of their career but with a lot of experience and who can fill in for a few games here and there, the way Craddock did for us in his final couple of seasons. But I think Batth-Hause should be seen as our first-choice CB pairing going into the next few months until January.

We've got some serious pace at the back with Iorfa, Hause and CBJ.

If we can get Silvio fit we've got very good options at full back.

I think we'll be sticking with this 4-3-3 style under Walter, so it'll be interesting to see if we try to get Bod and Dicko on the pitch together.

We've got some serious pace at the back with Iorfa, Hause and CBJ.

If we can get Silvio fit we've got very good options at full back.

I think we'll be sticking with this 4-3-3 style under Walter, so it'll be interesting to see if we try to get Bod and Dicko on the pitch together.

Dicko will play where Mason is at the moment.

Back