• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We're through to the group stages - Wolves 2-1 Torino verdict thread

Torino fans were noisy and excitable, a bit of goading and a few barm pots but I didnt see anything untoward. I do think interaction with opposition fans helps nullify a lot of the silliness, and being heavy handed with the coppers just brings out the worst.

As posted on the wrong thread, the wolves fans are embarrassing at times, two young kids being goaded by their dads to "offer out" the borini fans from the comfort of another stand is embarrassing.

Still it didnt spoil a fantastic result into this European adventure, we really are a magnificent team. Happy to see Adama playing so well, hes such a handful when he goes forward, still question Mark's over his defense, but what he offers going forward is brilliant.

Love this team I do!

Terrific result . . . note Raul has scored 6 goals in this campaign so far . . . the Wolves record is held by Derek Dougan who scored 9 goals in the 1971/72 campaign.

The 1971/72 season is still my most memorable season given the UEFA Cup run plus memorable league games . . . maybe this season can surpass it !

We did a professional job on what was the toughest possible tie of the round. Saiss my MOTM followed by Traore, but excellent from Dendonker, Coady and Raul too.

Was surprised by the amount of police, most I've seen for ages, reminded me of my youth when there would be hundreds of them inside and outside the ground plus at least 3or 4 mounted police (not the Canadian type)

First 20 minutes or so we looked very poor and just couldn't get a foothold in the game, Torino were well up for the battle and came out all games blazing, knowing how important it was to get an early goal. We rode the storm and I felt our uplift coincided with that burst of pace and run through on goal by Traore. After that we started to settle into the game more.

I am really impressed with Traore at RWB so far and for me he has won the shirt, Doc should have to work his way back in. Traore's work in the build up to Raul's goal was impressive and what a cute finish from the Mexican.

I thought Jota started poorly but grew into the game and was involved in some good moves, not least his work leading to Donk's goal.

It was great to see us regain the lead so soon after Torino's equaliser. Regarding Torino's goal, from where we were sat couldn't see why it was given so was annoying to see them score from it but what a free kick, brilliant goal.

From my point of view, having watched and liked Belotti for Italy, it was surreal seeing him play in Wolverhampton. Sirigu too is a keeper I like but his international career was held back by Buffon's dominance.

A very enjoyable game and so proud at the end having seen our team dispatch a very good Italian side with 2 victories, still keep pinching myself at ehat we are witnessing.

Great to be in Europe proper now, bring on the draw!

For all his faults (which he's working on), Adama is a player that gets fans out of their seats. Every time he got the ball you could hear the anticipation from the crowd. Electric. Need him to do the same regularly in the PL!

If Adama hadn't played at all last season and had put these performances in we'd be saying how good he is, Saiss was class last night. Jota is a bit off his best but my god he puts some effort in doesnt he. Jesus' shortcoming have been highlighted through this thread the high ball is a bit of a problem ala Coady at the start of last season I'm sure he'll come good. His speed and passing were excellent but I don't think Bennett is out of the team just yet but lets face it we need em all.

Raul has been brilliant in Europe we have a lot to look forward to when we start to click.

I think worrying about too much game time is a bit premature as the sports science side is bang on and they know who is where in terms of fitness, as for Mout he plays a lot and the only enemy is mental fatigue but this guy looks like he was born with a football on his foot so natural.

In summary we're great MOTM Raul but Adama very close behind. Torino are a good team who were capable of getting back into it so I would say Nuno got it right although I so want Cutrone to get off the mark and he isn't getting much time to do it.

Belotti is a beast and puts 110% in. Any club would be lucky to have a player like that

First 20, we were dreadful really. Jesus heading up the pack of shitness (2nd half I thought he improved a ton though and dealt with them quite well and was better on the ball). The crowd seemed edgy from the off as well but the Adama run and shot seemed to settle both players and fans down a bit.
Torino are a superb technical outfit but christ they are massive shithouses. No hiding it, its like watching 11 annoyed Ryan Bennetts when they are after the ball.

Word on Rui - I think he has stepped up a gear this season. He is looking very impressive at the moment

Torino fans - Respect on the noise you made for 90 mins. Apologies for the shitty Wolverhampton welcome

How do you put 110% in?

I'm glad somebody else asked that! ;)

As one who watched Wolves all through their foray into Europe in the early seventies, I must say how wonderful it is to see my team back in Europe and doing so well. Let's hope we go one better this time! :)

Really? You 2 bored as fuck or what?

I particularly enjoyed the incredulous looks on the faces of the Torino players when they came to take a quick throw only to realise that we only had one ball and they had to wait for our ball boys/girls to get it for them.

That article is a load of bollocks. You can't baseline 100%. It's the maximum your body can ever give, there is even a number you can attach to it, muscles have an elastic breaking point, evergy that can be consumed and a VO2 max that your lungs can achieve at any given point in their lives.

Maybe b3h is a stupid economist too.

That article is a load of bollocks. You can't baseline 100%. It's the maximum your body can ever give, there is even a number you can attach to it. Maybe b3h is a stupid economist too.

Agreed, Johnny. If you give your absolute all in a match, you've given 100%. You can't give any more.

Their LCB and CB were possibly two of the worst defenders I’d ever seen. Their RCB (Izzo?) was an absolute shithouse. Muscat, Medel and Luiz rolled into one

So proud of the lads this morning. Last night was absolutely amazing, loved every minute of the game.

Their LCB and CB were possibly two of the worst defenders I’d ever seen. Their RCB (Izzo?) was an absolute shithouse. Muscat, Medel and Luiz rolled into one

Got to admit I did like some of the shithousing. They didn't hide it and some of the blindsiding on Jota was straight out of the 50's.

On Jota, I don't think he's quite there yet in terms of our general play but individually he's fine. The front two haven't quite clicked as a pair just yet and it's showing when we attack. Couple that with neither of them quite being in sync with the outstanding Moutinho and our decision making isn't in full flow.

We'll be frightening when we actually click into gear.

Back