• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Brom (A, FAC) 28/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

I guessed them in two on the Worldle today and now this. Huge day for them so far.
Maybe the best result in their history if they hang on? Their first ever qualification for AFCON was just in 2019!

Angola set to win the group at the moment which is wild, too.

Just had a look at that Mauritania lineup. Players from the Belgian and Qatari second tier. One from the French third tier. And a lot playing in Mauritania, Sudan, Iraq and Congo. How can Algeria possibly lose to them

Just had a look at that Mauritania lineup. Players from the Belgian and Qatari second tier. One from the French third tier. And a lot playing in Mauritania, Sudan, Iraq and Congo. How can Algeria possibly lose to them
Because if football was as simple as that, it would also be deathly boring.

They've brought Mahrez on, so I assume they thought they could coast?

Well no. Because there isn’t much skill gap there. There’s a huge skill gap here, in a neutral venue
In my time supporting Wolves, to a man in the squad and management, City have always been better than us on paper.

And either way, the scoreline cares naught for any "skill gap".

In my time supporting Wolves, to a man in the squad and management, City have always been better than us on paper.

And either way, the scoreline cares naught for any "skill gap".
Of course they are better. But we also have really really good players. Not semi pro’s

Underestimate those players at your own risk, I guess. 🤷‍♂️

But taken off Aouar, who surely is one of their best players?
Only game he's started and he got hooked at the break by the looks of it, isn't he the guy people were raging about a few years ago?

Only game he's started and he got hooked at the break by the looks of it, isn't he the guy people were raging about a few years ago?
Remember him against city in the CL and he was quality. Think Arsenal were linked but never happened.

Mauritania hit the bar from 3 yards. Tap in volley. Abobakar Kamara is Mauritanian!

Remember him against city in the CL and he was quality. Think Arsenal were linked but never happened.

Mauritania hit the bar from 3 yards. Tap in volley. Abobakar Kamara is Mauritanian!
Different guy, same name!

And there you go, @Tony Towner, Rayan's coming home. Stunning, stunning result.

GO "Rayan returned and his levels were low after the disappointment with Algeria. Felt it was better to let him re-adjust rather than dropping him straight back in"

Back